Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone got experience of selling a domain name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone got experience of selling a domain name?

I've been contacted by someone who wants to buy a domain name that I own, but havn't done anything with. Just wondered if anyone out there had done this - how much they are worth, the technicalities etc?

Cheers - Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Assuming you can not be accused of cyber squatting on the name and it is fairly generic ie its was simply luck that you bought a name that would be appropriate to both parties to use. Its just a case of coming up with a mutually agreeable price. You then transfer the domain registration over to the other guy.

Comment

I would put the site on the web, if not done so yet with just a home page saying site under construction. This is just incase the query holder recons the site is not used and you are just squatting, which could cause him to try other methods of getting the name.

Then ask him / her to make an offer, why should you start the ball moving, dont give him a figure but just say not enough, if he dosn't reply after a few weeks you can judge that as his highest bid and re contact him if its now acceptable
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
      X