Friday Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Competition

Having just finished a large section of work (at work) and feeling relaxed, I thought I'd revive the Friday competition.

As Actinic automatically generates pages names from product names, it can sometimes result in some lengthy URLs. I was interested to know who has the longest page name. Hint: I think its me, but I'd like to see what other people have to offer before waving mine around.

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Competition = Prizes!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!

I'll throw in a much sought after Goat Point to the winner.

I won't win this time round but I am awaiting delivery of some new Welsh football club badges including one from the legendary
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobyllllantysliliogogogoch so making it `Badge of the Month` could well lead to a rather large url.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
      Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobyllllantysliliogogogoch
      I wanna know if you typed that or C&Ped it

edited to say...I always shorten my page name URLs..so I'd definitely not be getting any goat points in this competition!
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
        I wanna know if you typed that or C&Ped it

C & P from suppliers list. However! Its not found by the Googley thingy so perhaps there is an error (or four) in there somewhere. I'll investigate later.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I googled it too like you say, no hits...although I then googled its abbreviated form which brought up the website.. I did a quick visual comparison but couldn't be bothered to check it completely..
          Believe it or not, I do actually have things to do LOL
          Tracey

Comment

Code:
            copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_opy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_opy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_furniture_chairs_cushions.html
            is my offer

Comment

Jo...is that some kind of wild experiment or something?
              LOL
              Tracey

Comment

Its my most confidential SEO trick I kept it up my sleeve for ages, but the promose of a prize forced me to reveal it

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                  Code:
                  copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_opy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_opy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_furniture_chairs_cushions.html
                  is my offer
                  I meant to say in the original post that anything involving "copy_of_" doesn't count, as its just plain stupid.

I presume this is a genuine URL

Comment

Its my most confidential SEO trick I kept it up my sleeve for ages, but the promose of a prize forced me to reveal it
                    wow...those goat points are really desirable nowadays, aren't they?
                    LOL
                    Tracey

Comment

its just plain stupid.
                      Moi?

I presume this is a genuine URL
                      it could very easily be just give me 5 mins, whats the prize?

Comment

it could very easily be just give me 5 mins, whats the prize?
                        So its not a genuine URL then? Doesn't count as an entry.

Comment

Creating pages just to win a prize ... how low do some people sink?

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I never said anything about prizes. This is just for the kudos.
                            BTW, This is my entry:

Code:
                            Bell-Bottomed_Badasses_on_the_Mean_Streets_of_Funk.html
                            Add just to show its real:
                            Bell-Bottomed Badasses on the Mean Streets of Funk.html

Comment

apparently restricted to 263 characters not counting the "www" bit for manually created

Bikster
                              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                              X