No announcement yet.

Long Lost Members...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be quite active, but as we're no longer using Actinic, I feel like a bit of an interloper!
    Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
    http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Careful Steve - you'll get banned for that sort of talk

PS Go on then - whisper - what are you using instead?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Hi Steve

Originally posted by steveaich
        I feel like a bit of an interloper!
        I wouldn't worry. I think Actinic and the community should/would be glad to hear the reasons and opinions from an Ex-Actinic user who has moved to another ecommerce solution / provider.
        Help Actinic identify/confirm potential areas where they could be gaining/losing market share.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by steveaich
          I used to be quite active, but as we're no longer using Actinic, I feel like a bit of an interloper!
          Steve - not sure if your new cart software allows but may be worth moving the Analytics stuff to the bottom of the page as on my slow connection the page waited a fair while for Google before any of your page appeared.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Is that a special test slow connection? The whole page loaded in under 2 seconds on standard broadband

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

As the most valued member of the community, i think we should all thank Jont by having a collection to get him off dial up and onto broadband.

Broadband for Goats Appeal.....

Comment

2mb connection. I was uploading Actinic site at the time I have to admit - but still longer than the usual delays I get whilst surfing around waiting for it to upload - this is often a worthwhile task as it also simulates users that are also downloading MP3 or MPEG files and other sun fun stuff at the same time.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

2mb, might aswell be dial up if you use it at around 4pm when all the kids have signed into msn and games servers instead of doing there bloody home work. Parents at least make them stay off the pc until after 6

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                    2mb, might aswell be dial up if you use it at around 4pm when all the kids have signed into msn and games servers instead of doing there bloody home work. Parents at least make them stay off the pc until after 6
                    Does not seem to affect us (so far)...with VM on 20mb (or so they tell us)

Linksys router seems to struggle to cope with it these days tho?!?!?
                    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

we have one exchange and theres about 20,000 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                        we have one exchange and theres about 20,000 kids
                        D'oh

Not good news then D!
                        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

When i grew up the exchange was big enough for loads of stuff. Problem is there are shit loads more houses, a very large business park 3 secondary schools within 1.5 mile of us plus all the other stuff that go's withit

You really notice the drop in speed here after about 3:30 i actually will not do and uploads if i have less that 1/2 hour before i go home, my 8Mb broadband just about top 3mb on a good day (i know this is distance from exchange)

Darren

Comment

my supposedly 8mb broadband kicks out a generous HALF a mb lol
                            Problem with living out in the middle of nowhere, I suppose
                            Even at the office, I only get 1mb. I assume because of the number of people sharing the same network in the building.
                            And I agree with the post-3.30 crawl

I've given up letting my kids play online after school. Most of their websites won't even load up on our already slow connection at this time of day.
                            Tracey

Comment

Glad its not just me then Tracy

Comment

hope they arent all yours darren.

Comment

Working...
                                X