User Browser Widths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Browser Widths

Site stats show a variety of browser widths being used by users. Typically 1024px wide being the most common.

Does anyone know if this includes the space occupied by say the vertical history or favourites bar (ie the overall width of the browser) or is it the space of the visible area (ie overall widow width MINUS favourite bar).

Suspect it is the overall width not the visible area that is reported at 1024px.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Originally posted by jont
    Site stats show a variety of browser widths being used by users. Typically 1024px wide being the most common.

Does anyone know if this includes the space occupied by say the vertical history or favourites bar (ie the overall width of the browser) or is it the space of the visible area (ie overall widow width MINUS favourite bar).

Suspect it is the overall width not the visible area that is reported at 1024px.
    Hi Jonty

Hope you are well mate.

From the core stats I suspect it is the overall width mate. Wouldn't it be handy if there was a little js sniffer that could tell us if the viewer was using the old favs and adjust accordingly
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi Darren,

I am suspecting it is the overall width - which combining with the favourites list open, 15" monitors and myopia makes a mockery of web 2.0 when laying sites out with CSS.

Wonder if Gabriel would like to write a script to blitz users favourites bar and instantly upgrade their monitor to a 19" wide screen? You can get software modems so why not software monitors!!!

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

There is a site, and I have spent the last 10 minutes looking for but failing, that listed loads of browsers at various screen resolutons and the actual width they used. Thats why I ended up using 940px as my site size.

IE7 now has more screen available that FF

p.

Comment

Working...
        X