Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stamp damper?

hi all

i am looking for the above (not the correct name obviously) but i cannot find anywhere

i refer to the little pot with the sponge they have in the postoffice that you can use with the stamps

anyone know where can i get it?

Available in stationery mail order catalogues, although a dying breed as stamps are now sticky back, and don't spleg your tongue up anymore.

Comment

Dare I ask what you want to use it for...

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        Available in stationery mail order catalogues, although a dying breed as stamps are now sticky back, and don't spleg your tongue up anymore.
        thanks Lee

i was having a look through the online catalogues of viking and staples but i cannot find the b****y thing.

we need it because the postage for our products usually costs £0.7 which royalmail (bless them) don't have sticky stamps. (just the standard dying age ones which you have to dampen)

do you know the proper name for that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
          Dare I ask what you want to use it for...
          to sort out a large number of our envelopes before we take them to postoffice.

we already had a look to print the postage online but i cannot see the benefit of this (actually it will cost more to us) (1p saving is not great)

Comment

Maybe an antique shop will have a 'stamper' LOL.
            I suppose you could buy 50s and 20s instead.

I remember many years ago (not in the UK) there was no glue on the stamps at all - there was a pot of glue on the post office counters to glue the stamps on the envelopes.

Comment

Try these guys

http://www.baystationers.co.uk/acata...tener_155.html

or search for acatalog sponge damper.

Cheers,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
                I suppose you could buy 50s and 20s instead.

thats what we do now to reduce the hours spend in the post office

Comment

Looks like an ashtray with a sponge shaped to fit.

Never watch Blue Peter?

On another subject. We have them cup drink thingys. Add water and wow, it gives you hot choc or soup etc. Depending on the drink required at the time of course. So how come the dispenser thingy to hold a row of these costs £28 or so. For each flavour. Its a scandal really. I'm angry.

*kicks over waste bin, a dead frog flies out, lands in fax machine paper tray, ends up getting faxed to roadkill victims relate amphibian section, court case begins*
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Would smart stamps be more efficient
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Stamper Damper ... now that has potential .. wonder if the URL is registered yet?

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                      X