Are They For Real???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are They For Real???

Just got off the phone from someone who supposidly needs some kites for the Morning show on GMTV or ITV

Anyway it went like this

Hi i need some colourful kites for tomorrows show, I explained that this seemed a bit of a push to get them there by then.
    Lady - asked Could i get them delivered today,
    Me - I could but it would not be cheap
    Lady - I could get a motor cycle courier to collect them,
    Me - These wont really fit on a motorbike.
    Lady - I can arrange for a van to come and get them, can i give you the credit card details over the phone
    Me - Not for a collection, fax me a purchase order and send a checque with the courier, i cant do that

Now the order is around £130 i asked for a name and number twice before i got them and i get a mobile number and 1st name only. Would you think this was a bit dodgy

I have left it that i am going to check stocks whic is not a lie but i just dont feel comfitable about this one

anyone else care to comment

I think it's probably genuine.

I doubt if £130 pounds worth of kites is going to get the fraudsters going to all this effort.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

It's just the desperation that worried me, i would have thought they were a bit more organised than leaving it to within a few hours

Comment

Try Googling the persons name and the tv company. Quite often wardrobe (and props) people are freelance and are listed under various sites where you can source such people.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I find tv people are the worst for requiring stuff quick. Apparently like happened to us last week we needed to get some stuff to a location where they were shooting the next day. We managed of course, and the ad's already been shown on Sky Sports a heap of times.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

use a permanent marker and write stolen from kites r us on it just in case

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              use a permanent marker and write stolen from kites r us on it just in case
              nice one Lee

Guess they are for real, a guy lives in this area and is on his way and going to pay for them on his own card and claim it back. He's probably happy as he gets an early day.

Just go's to show there are some people who could not organise a p***up in a brewery

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                Just go's to show there are some people who could not organise a p***up in a brewery

Darren
                If you can - let us know and we'll all come
                Ian
                Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                  nice one Lee

Guess they are for real, a guy lives in this area and is on his way and going to pay for them on his own card and claim it back. He's probably happy as he gets an early day.

Darren
                  its probably because her boss siad have you got the kites i asked you to?

to which she answered, yeah i have ordered them i will check with the company why they have not reached us yet .(and in her head she thinks oh s**t thats what i had to do last friday)

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
                    its probably because her boss siad have you got the kites i asked you to?

to which she answered, yeah i have ordered them i will check with the company why they have not reached us yet .(and in her head she thinks oh s**t thats what i had to do last friday)
                    You could be right there, guy turned up at about 3pm and paid for them there and then, guess she must be in the S**t to get someone to pick them up straight away.

Anyway what time in "This Morning" on just want to know what they wanted them for - the lady was a bit sketchy about it (no pun intended)

Comment

It's on itv 10.30am - 12.30pm

Kathy
                      Kathy Newman

Comment

Get the phones manned Dazza, surge in sales tomorrow, although i guess anyone who can afford one is out earning the money to buy one at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                          Get the phones manned Dazza, surge in sales tomorrow, although i guess anyone who can afford one is out earning the money to buy one at that time.
                          They brought them, you dont honestly think i'll get a mention do you. if i did it would be a quick line in the credits im sure.

It would be nice to have that sort of advertising even if it was only a couple of seconds.

Comment

Working...
                          X