Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by budgetbumps
    got any pics to back that up?
    Yes.. but no way are they being released .. not going to end up the next "Star Wars Kid"

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

My favourite toy was a BIG shiney brown conker with a shoe lace taken from my best (only) pair of shoes.

It broke about 60 years ago and I've never had another toy since. I even lost the shoe lace.
      David
      parterredesign.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by davidbenson
        I've never had another toy since
        Not surprised you were not allowed another... breaking and losing your best toy

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by davidbenson
          My favourite toy was a BIG shiney brown conker with a shoe lace taken from my best (only) pair of shoes.

It broke about 60 years ago and I've never had another toy since. I even lost the shoe lace.
          We used to live in a shoe box in middle of the road and have hot gravel for tea (luxury)
          Ian
          Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            please... no "you were lucky to have a stick" routines ....
            Please refer to the OP for the rules of posting

Bikster

Comment

Sorry Jonty

Didn't have a stick now you mention it!
              Ian

Comment

Meccano - Hmmmmmmm

Just brought some on ebay for my boy.

I have discovered through one of complete waste of time surveys that i conducted and only consist of one question that there is definately a split in computer people.

Your are either a lego person or a meccano person, do not get confused, you can like both but you have a favorite.

Lego people tend to be more graphical and layout type design work
                Meccano people tend to be more programming / hardware type people.

DONT shoot me down, this is only a very small sample group and no large scale research has been done - are maybe a lotter grant so i can conduct it?

Time to put on my tin hat

Comment

We have more Lego in our house than Legoland ... looking at the analogy... it is spot on for all three of us!

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                    We have more Lego in our house than Legoland!
                    here too...although currently only Mr bumps is any good at making anything with it...so I'm wondering whose lego it is precisely

He'd probably take the meccano AND the lego and build some super-fantasia-land place with all of it intermingled together...

me...I'll build the ticket office..it might even have a window in it, if I'm feeling extra clever
                    Tracey

Comment

Where does K'nex fit in with this analogy - is it the modern day maccano (although maccano is still available)

My lad had tons of K'nex when he was younger and really excelled at building the big stuff - great for teaching design and now he wants to be designer or architect.

Much prefered wood when I was a kid - could not get on with all those fiddly little nuts and cr@py spanners with maccano.
                      Ian

Comment

Then: Meccano (red, green square nuts) and dinky cars
                        Now: BMW R1100 RT motorcycle, computer, HDD DVD recorder
                        Kind Regards
                        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Legends
                          Where does K'nex fit in with this analogy - is it the modern day maccano (although maccano is still available)

My lad had tons of K'nex when he was younger and really excelled at building the big stuff - great for teaching design and now he wants to be designer or architect.

Much prefered wood when I was a kid - could not get on with all those fiddly little nuts and cr@py spanners with maccano.
                          Bit to modern for most of us here

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams
                            BMW R1100 RT
                            Are you an ex copper

Comment

I had this Evel Knenel bike that was different from the normal one - it jet booster things on the side with little flints that sparked as it went down the hall carpet.

I must have been 6 or so when I was at a pals party and his uncle from the US was there I I just played with his Evel Knevel and the uncle said he'd send one over. I forgot about it and weeks later this massive box was delivered with my toy - superb. Played with it non stop until Evel' fingers fell off so he couldn't hold onto the handlebars, the flints ran down and refused to spark any more and my enthusiastic winding of the handle caused the mechanism to break.

Had an Action Man but he ended up amongst the 'bath toys' so his hips rusted and his legs fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                                Are you an ex copper
                                Good Lord No! Just like riding around the countryside on an armchair
                                (no offence to Nod, ex or otherwise, obviously )
                                Kind Regards
                                Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                                X