microsoft volume licensing services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

microsoft volume licensing services

in the last few days, I've purchased one of those "open licences" for Visual Studio 2005 with MSDN so I can do some serious smartphone development work and I've now just registered it with MS on their licencing site.

Now, the licencing site seems so big, I've already got lost.

I've registered myself as the "point of contact", found the download area and I'm busy downloading the two VS2005 cd's that I think may need to start things off - the problem was, when I spoke with the supplier (greymatter), they said I need to register "somewhere on the licensing website " in order to kick off the physical shipment of all the CD's

does anyone have an idea where on the licencisng site that I need to go to kick off the shipping please?

does anyone bother with the msdn cd's or do you just search on line?

I assume I need to download the two CD files that make up VS2003 and that should be enough for starters - or have I missed the point somewhere ??

on the summary page, I can clearly see the "Media Subscription" summary showing eligble=1, remaining=1 - the same with "Subscriber Downloads" so although I'm downloading them, I clearly hav'nt gone thru the hoops to change the counters

can anyone help please.

It takes weeks for the first MSDN CDs to arrive, then after the first ones arrive they just keep on turning up, usually with fairly useless things, like a endless number of language Vista CDs for example. I'm not sure where you switch on the media option though.

I ususally download whatever I need from the MSDN website because I never seem to have the correct disk, takes a little time for the downloads but it works and is easy.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

played for a further hour or so las night, still havn't found the options, seems like its time to phone the support line...
      thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
      X