Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Programs - Recommendations

OK

I have always used thunderbird and still do but that is on one of the xp machines which i do not use alot nowadays. So have been using the windows mail on the vista machines and been gettins a few problems lately with not sending mail, and an p****d off with having to check a 1000 and 1 thinks to find out why. Oh and the MS website for the code is of no help what so ever, but i guess you guys know that anyway

So im going to try something different and thought before i immediately jump in to thunderbird again what do others use.

you thoughts / recommendations appreciated

D

dont think about anything but thunderbird. its magic.

eudora used to be good. but theyn stopped selling it

and started giving it away.

Comment

went with it - new versions seems abit more - i dont know, but all set up and working OK. The only thing is it would not import my mail boxes from windows mail? not a big issue though could do with spring cleaning, getting loads of emails lately

D

Comment

Gabs

Do you know if they do a plugin for thunderbird that lets you lock a folder with a password, just some times i like to keep emails private and on the odd days im not around i'd like to know that they still are.

D

Comment

install pocket thunderbird on an encrypted drive.

put:
          http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...rbird_portable

in here:
          http://www.truecrypt.org/

unbreakable.

also this:
          http://kb.mozillazine.org/Protecting...profile_-_mail

Comment

Bit more drastic than i wanted but hey time to sort out a new portable drive

cheers Gabs (dont mind me refering to you as Gabs do you? can use G as G is G)

D

Comment

call me whatever you like, i am the bad wolf.

and also, you can use a hardfile, you dont need a usb key to use this.

the file it uses in UNBREAKABLE. so you could burn offa cd with all your most precious data stored in truecrypt and hand it to a competitor, and they'd literally never get in.

see?

Comment

wow Gabe....MI5 have got nothing on you, have they?
                Tracey

Comment

miss bumps your posting to get the counts up again, your nearly over the hill i see

Comment

working on it, D

and oi...who you calling "over the hill"?
                    Tracey

Comment

Women are so touchy about these things, i never mentioned you were over the hill, just your counts reaching 2k

D

Comment

nahh, I'm not touchy about it. I was just kidding

Maybe I'll stop posting for a while...let you catch up..
                        Tracey

Comment

You gonna do a George on us with the 2k post, something big, mind you your gonna struggle to be apocolypse day

Comment

Working...
                          X