What Photo Editing software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Photo Editing software

OK this is just a general question to see what people have and do use.

I use PSP (windows) and photoshop (mac) and cant be arsed to turn the mac on half the time.

PSP i find is easy but lacks some good plugins, or rather never one i want
    Photo shop, as said i have not used it for ages but it was good when used with illustrator but got to be honest would struggle now days

So what do other use and why?

D

PS CS2 mainly - like most people I only scratch the surface of what it can do, but for quick and simple stuff I still use the old faithful PSP v3.12.

Comment

I use Microsoft PhotoDraw V2. I can re-size, enhance, cut out to get a transparent background, superimpose, re-colour, clone etc, the list goes on and on. I've found it easy to use without having to keep looking at help (often helpless) files of other programs. It came with a version of Microsoft Office some years ago and can't see any reason to upgrade.
      David
      parterredesign.co.uk

Comment

CS2 on a mac, best combo in the world IMO.

Comment

I also use PSP. It does what I need.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Adobe Photoshop Elements a great little package, not expensive and ideal for most jobs, lots of features and simpler than PSP also has a good save for web reduction setting which allows quick and easy reduction s for the web based images
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Just been playing with Photoshop Elements which came with the latest scanner. Does seem to be pretty good, and yet to find something I currently do in the full Photoshop that it does not handle.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Very simplistically, the difference between photoshop elements and full blown photoshop is elements is designed to be used as a tool for photographers. its a cut down version of photoshop for this purpose only.

Thus if you only want to manipulate product images etc elements is the good for the job.

someone who wants to create graphics will want full photoshop

Comment

Fireworks is good for web images, plus has a very good (and "script programmable") batch processing system.

Fireworks and Photoshop (both CS3) are both now Adobe products - will be interesting to see if/how they merge in the future.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                  X