Something a little different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something a little different

In the spirit of Georges memorable post, now known as the "apocalypse" when he reached his 2000th post I have to admit I can not even come close to it.

So I decided to reflect on the positive side of things (I did decide this week would be chill week), and to this end I thought I would draw from the things I like about the community.

1) No one really knows anyone else, maybe a few people have met each other but we are all strangers with a common interest whether that interest is through our working environment be it employed by someone or the sole trader/employer. So if I were to meet you in a pub, in tescos or bump into you in the street I would probably not speak to you, not because i'm rude but merely I do not know you. Would you think any different of me probably not as this is what seems to go on these days. But I would like to say I see you all as friends, whether I agree with you or not on various topics no one really holds a grudge, I say I will but it never lasts more than a day because that is not me. The silly thing is I talk to people here and have never given it a thought but is it really any different. I think not.

2) Regardless of how bad it is to try and find answers you nearly always can. And lets be honest how long do you have to wait to get a response once you post a problem, it maybe a while for some because the expert in that field could well be sitting in a different time zone. Some of these have helped me no end to which I can only say thanks and it is always appreciated. It is really amazing the support given here

3) The NOOBs as they are affectionly termed, they know not what they do, frustration is nearly always the reason for a post and this frustration can sometimes blind you. I have on many occasions posted only to suddenly think that perhaps I should have searched a different word, luckily I go back and search and still do not find the answers but there are times. But some of us have been quick to make a cutting remark but will things ever really change, Nah we will still help 99% on the people on here, why because that is who we are, maybe a bit of bragging that you know the answer, maybe you have been there and want to help, but I see it more because we are the community that is happy to help all levels.

4) Actinic – At the end of the day they are business and the only purpose of a business is to make money – what are we all doing – trying to make money, are we any different not really, we all have an idea of what we would do better we get really frustrated at times, I have not had some of the issues you guys have had but I have my far share of the bugs giving me, minor grief. Remember actinic are still there, the forum is still running the problems are still be solved perhaps it is just a case of not as fast as wee like but lets all be honest this is a great product and I actually would not change be cause I can see the flexibility although I am not yet ready to tackle some of them I still see this as one of the best of the shelf packages.

This thread is not meant to draw a reaction or comments it is just a small thank you to all that have helped me over the past couple of years and to recognise some friends I feel I have made here, some of these are quite recent some a bit more longer standing, regardless of time I always feel welcome here and I am sure most NOOB’s do to. Remember we are the community and we are all bloody good in our own way, so in 2 words that can mean so much

Thank You

Excellent 2K post Darren. The positives of the forum far outweigh any of the negative stuff that we have seen recently, afaik.
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Happy 2k Darren. Good, positive attitude, good post.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I did decide this week would be chill week
        Nice post

Comment

Bravo, Darren
          About time somebody said it

Happy 2k
          Tracey

Comment

Daren - you summed up exactly how I feel.

After some of the posts/issues of recent weeks I had been trying to think of how to put it down in a message - and failed miserably - whereas you succeeded wonderfully!

Just hope I can come up with something equally astounding for my 2k post - only another 1294 to go - as it's taken me since Dec 02 to get to post number 706 - I've got quite some time I think to get to that milestone - wonder if we'll all still be around then

So from me - Thank You

Kathy
            Kathy Newman

Comment

Great Post Darren
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Can you send me two of what you've taken Dazz?

Cheers mate.
                Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

good post, was a pleasant morning read i must say
                  BTW did anyone notice Miss.Bumps has just past her 2k post aswell

*** Speach, Speach
                  Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                  Current project:
                  cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                  cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                  Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Originally posted by cHEAPPRICES4U
                    BTW did anyone notice Miss.Bumps has just past her 2k post aswell

*** Speach, Speach
                    I couldn't possibly top that

Believe me, it was discussed LOL
                    Tracey

Comment

Thanks guys you are making me blush

Can you feel the love only joking

And reply to you G i realy wont go into what i took

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                        Can you feel the love
                        here? lately?not really

it's about time some love or, at least, some good spirit was injected back into the community, tbh

Darren...hopefully a step in the right direction with a positive community post.
                        Tracey

Comment

Working...
                        X