Mods - are you going to monitor sub forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods - are you going to monitor sub forums

in our attempt to get stuff in the correct sub forums I feel it is a daily task that needs to happen

whilst i stil lfeel the general forum needs to be closed, i also fee lthat stuff that gets wrongly posted to general when it couldbe elsewhere should be moved on a daily basis

Yesterday Iasked for a protx q to get moves, indeed it did, but through the day there were other PSP qs raised in general, and for example theres a IE6 q which is really design led also in general.

sub forums aren't going to work with out moderation moving stuff, and for it to be managemenable it shouldbe done daily

As big an improvement the new layout is the should still be some text under the Actinic V8 catergory, preferably in big ugly bold red lettering

'HELP US HELP YOU. PLEASE POST IN THE CORRECT FORUM. YOUR QUESTION WILL GET ANSWERED QUICKER'

Then, if I was Actinic, I would ask for 10 or 20 volunteers to go through the V8 general forum (about 10 pages each) and move the posts into the correct subforums. They would not have any ability to delete threads, only move them. Sure, there will be some disagreements about what should go where but generally it would sort things out much better. Give them about a week or so of moderation rights and then remove them. Actinic can then go through whatever is left in the General forum and decide whether it stays or not, should they choose to!

Moderation from then on in should be an easy daily job.
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Nother sub forum - Dusty Bin to hold the likes of

How do I start my PC? - Look it up, already answered 534 times.

would be the intelligent thing to do?

Dusty could then be raked through by Actinic at which time they either delete or move to an appropriate sub-forum.

Otherwise, fully agree with your post.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Cheers for the input guys. I want to hold fire on sweeping through all the old posts until we've definitely established whether sub-forums are brigning benefit, and if so, which sub-forums are required and which ones aren't. I don't want to set a load of people off moving threads and then realise we've not got the best categorisation. Hope that's cool.

Comment

Chris - sounds like a plan
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X