How do I do this? HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I do this? HELP?

I am building a website for a paying client and I am stuck. What I want to do is:

1. turn on the computer
    2. build the site

I am stuck at the first stage. I have done a search in the local library and I can not find an answer. How do I turn my computer on?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Bump

Anyone?

This is very important as my client is waiting and if I can't get an answer I will need to look elsewhere and will not be able to bill for my services.

Bikster

Comment

Have you tried searching the forum, perhaps using a little common sense even, if all that fails, then you need to:

RTFM

Comment

If can not post helpful replies please do not waste my time in answering.

Anyone with a sensible answer please?

Bikster

Comment

A search of the forum will yield far better answers, it is not be awkward and unhelpful, but if that's your attitude, you're blocked sonny.

Comment

All I want to do is turn on my computer as I have a client waiting for me to build him a website. I have seen others turn on their computers. Why will you not tell me how to turn on mine.

If you need further information it is about 20inches high, beige in colour and sits under the table.

Bikster

Comment

I managed to turn my computer on but mines is black. Sorry I cannot help any much more!
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Perhaps you could build him the site using origami, thus saving the planet from the evil destruction of too much electricity being used. I also have an old spectrum 48K which you might want to practice the train game on to help you get up to speed if you like?

Comment

Wipe your knob on it.

HTH
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

first thing to do is get up from your desk and look around you, can you see any clues why the pc won't pwer up.

No? ok here's a clue, look out the window.... are you in Tewksbury? can you see any water?

Go an see if you can boil a kettle?

Comment

Thanks David - I have a tin of paint in the cellar - I will apply this and see how it get on. If I can be bothered I will report back with a thank you (but probably not)

Bikster

Comment

I think the first thing to try should be to compact (with large hammer) and repair (small screwdriver and superglue)

I don't handle the turning on side of things so I can't help any further
                        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by george
                          Wipe your knob on it.
                          Thanks for your reply George. However it is a PC and not a Mac so I don't think your solution will work.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                            Thanks David - I have a tin of paint in the cellar - I will apply this and see how it get on. If I can be bothered I will report back with a thank you (but probably not)
                            Please make sure matt paint used. Much easier to patch when upgrading!
                            Cheers

David
                            Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

No water to be seen (I am in Cuckoo Land)

Paint did not work - it was Dulux Black with a hint of Stupid - probably not the same as yours.

Thanks for all your assistance so far. This is a really great forum. But I am up against a deadline and my client is getting anxious so any further help greatly appreciated.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                              X