PSP's Realex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP's Realex

OK in the light of the crap from PROTX and the ongoing time outs at there end it was a bit of a supprise to find this email the other day, i am seriously going to look at it, does anyone here use them is a big question

Email as follows
    Hi there,

Last week your online business may have been affected due to payment processing difficulties. Realex Payments are a leading payment service provider operating in
    the UK and Ireland. We process £3 Billion per annum for over 2,100 clients - about 2.5M transactions per month.We understand that it is *imperative to your business *
    that you can accept payments around the clock and realise that outages can be costly to your business.

Realex Payments would like to offer you the option to *switch to our service free of charge* up until the end of this month, August '07. Our standard setup fee is £99.
    Transaction fees are £0.09 per transaction and subject to a monthly minimum of £29. There is no annual fee, no charge for multi-currency processing, multiple websites,
    multiple sub-accounts and no support fees.

Realex Payments' clients include AXA, BT, Vodafone, AIG, Party Poker, CD WOW, Aer Lingus – companies that don’t tolerate downtime. We run our services from 2
    physically and logically separate data centers, with redundancy built in at every level. Service upgrades take place without any impact on the live service. We *value
    dependability* above all else. Over the last 12 months Realex Payments have had 99.999% service availability. This equates to approximately 5 minutes of unplanned
    downtime in a year.

If you are interested in finding out more about our services please contact us on sales@realexpayments.co.uk or on the telephone number below.

We would be delighted to do business with you in the future, offering *innovation*, *reliability and service.*

Kind Regards,
    Catherine Brandon

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any views

Cheers
    D

According to whois data they have been operating as a .com out of a County Dublin address since 2002, and launched the co.uk gateway page in Apr 2007. The terms frying pan and fire come to mind.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Maybe Bill, Maybe

Thats why i wondered is anyone here uses there services,

D

Comment

http://www.realexpayments.com/en/wha...ients_say.aspx

"Ride on Realex - great people and a great service."
        Christy Moore

What further recommendation could you require?

Impressively slow website they have there and an information-free zone to boot.

Still, they look legit - assuming Aer Lingus and Vodafone aren't having the piss taken.

simon
        Cult Pens

Comment

I've been using realex for quite some time now and had no problems with outages. Initial set up took a while as they were not a built in PSP on actinic at the time but the staff there were more than helpful, no mood music or long waiting times, if your tech support guy was not available he would call you back at the first opportunity.
          www.satellite.ie

Comment

I'm just about to add Realex payments to a site, so i can vouch for their authenticity. As for how good or bad, not a clue, but i should know soon.

Comment

let me know if you need any help, I was "that" guinea pig
              www.satellite.ie

Comment

LOL Tony you tell me whether i will need it, i like to be prepared, I'm about a week away from doing it. Now i'm worried, cheers dude.

Comment

Its no big deal , two files you need to look at are postrealex.fil and realexscript.pl to make sure the shared secret is ok on both and the line of code for auto settle is in the realexscript.pl . Reason I came across this post is I've just had to upgrade to 8.5 and it overwrote both files and the stock versions needed to be re customised. For some reason I'm no longer receiving the payment authorisation back from realex so i'm guessing theres another issue with the script which i will sort out with realex in the morning hopefully. If you like I can send you a copy of both files (- the shared scret :-) ) once i resolve the latest issue.

Originally posted by leehack
                  LOL Tony you tell me whether i will need it, i like to be prepared, I'm about a week away from doing it. Now i'm worried, cheers dude.
                  www.satellite.ie

Comment

Thanks for the info Tony, really helpful. I will let you know if i get stuck and get those files off you then, if that's OK.

Appreciate your time.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                      Thanks for the info Tony, really helpful. I will let you know if i get stuck and get those files off you then, if that's OK.

Appreciate your time.
                      absoutely, feel free to email me, email link on my website
                      www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                      X