1 & 1 Microsoft Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 & 1 Microsoft Exchange

Wondering if anyone has experience with this. Its sounds interesting but there isn't much info.

http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/M...op&__lf=Static

Thanks in advance

John
    www.homecreations.co.uk - www.wastedisposershop.com - www.wastemaidshop.co.uk -

John,

Not had any experience with 1&1 but one of the companies in our offices uses Fasthosts for exactly the same thing.

They are very happy with it and have not had any problems. Sharing contacts, calendars and notes seems to work great and they especially like it now Fasthosts have increased the mailbox's to 2GB each.

Hopefully someone will have some expericence of 1&1 to share with you.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

We went a long way down the route of setting the non-premium version of this up (I think this was £5.99 per month) with 1&1, opening an account etc. We rather naively assumed that Outlook in this context behaved and could be configured exactly the same as Outlook on our PCs, ie we could set it up to send and receive emails for more than one email address (a total of 12 in our case) - but this account is for one email address. So it would have cost us 12 x £5.99 per month to do what we were doing on a PC, so we had to cancel. This is nothing to do with 1&1, who we have a lot of time for - it's just the way Exchange works.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys.

Umm, it gets pricey at £5.99 per email address. I would need 3 different domains with 3 address on each one.

I'm really looking at a basic CRM system based online. I was looking into this yesterday - http://crm.zoho.com/crm/login.sas which might be of interest as there is an Outlook plugin.

The challenge I'm having is most solutions seem over complicated for our needs, driven by more sales marketing and lead generation.

We really require a system for basic pre-sales advice and mainly after sales support for 3 or 4 users.

I'll keep looking

Cheers,
        www.homecreations.co.uk - www.wastedisposershop.com - www.wastemaidshop.co.uk -

Comment

Working...
        X