printing to nowhere: driver concept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printing to nowhere: driver concept.

before i try to write such a driver, and make work for myself, i wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how to go about this.

some of the people i know working with actinic, dont want to print invoices, but actinic wont let them complete without this.

so, my idea is a simple null printer driver that sends the document to oblivion.

i know i can use a pdf printer, but i think it'd be faster and better if the printer driver sent it nowhere.

does anyone know of such a driver? and if not, does anyone else have this problem? jan, does your software allow forced completion? it might be useful to them.
    Last edited by gabrielcrowe; 18-Sep-2007, 01:40 PM. Reason: alarming spazzyness corrected.

Or a wee something that told Actinic that all invoices are printed (by default).

So no non printing would be needed.

That maketh sense?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

indeed, it makes a lot of sense.

and its frustrating me at the moment.

Comment

in fact, forget it, anyone with this problem needs jans order processing things.

www.mole-end.biz

Comment

Would this work?

Add a new printer, un-tick 'automatically install drivers', choose the 'print to file' port and then select a postscript printer ( say an HP from the standard driver list).
          Make this printer the default output in Actinic.
          Not sure where the file goes though.....
          http://www.bowstock.co.uk

Comment

well, lets hope its...

O-B-L-I-V-I-O-N !!!!

BWAhahahah!

*sorry*

Comment

I would like one that emailed a pro-forma invoice to my customers who aeem to like them
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

an emailing printer driver. now thats a good idea.

Comment

http://www.rarefind.com/paperlesspri...lfeatures.html

??

PS - interesting page - you have to work out exactly what size of window makes the links fit the holes they were intended to

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
                    I would like one that emailed a pro-forma invoice to my customers who aeem to like them
                    Thats a great idea - would save loads of time saving as pdf etc...
                    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

You can do this two of my products, they can both either attach the reports to the email or they can generate an email with the order details in the email body.

One Stop Automation is one :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...r-Actinic.html

One Stop Order Processing is the other :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

Gabe I think you need to print to NUL to discard output.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

i like the order processing one better than printing anything null.

it has options to simply 'set' the status of the print, lol, rather than screw around with virtual printers.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                          i like the order processing one better than printing anything null.

it has options to simply 'set' the status of the print, lol, rather than screw around with virtual printers.
                          I forgot this until now but you can also bypass printing in Actinic using the 'One Stop Order Completion' function, their is a tick box in the options to bypass printing for the invoice reports.

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                          X