Which MP3 player for Mrs Jont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which MP3 player for Mrs Jont

Want to get Mrs Jont an MP3 player for her birthday. Being a valve amp music man this is alien territory ... are there options beyond the ubiquitous iPod (I hear Creative have some good offerings)?

Any suggestions most welcomed .. mainly to free my desk from CD's scattered elbow deep.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

ipod for me every time

Comment

When you've decided, take a picture of it and then take a picture of the MiL when she is sleeping. Put both in a card and say 'when this goes for good, you get this for good'

Comment

are there options beyond the ubiquitous iPod
        no ............... there aren't

Comment

I have a Creative Zen player, very good for me, nice big screen to make it easy to select what to play, loads of space and it sounds good. Haven't checked for a while and have had it for a year and a half now but it was reviewed as the best when I got it.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I must get an ipod, if for nothing else but to understand what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Creative Zen V

Various types depending on needs and budget. Small, tough, rechargable via usb. Miss G has an ipod and I wouldn't swap it for this wee marvel.
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

The new iPod Touch, which is basically the iPhone without the phone is mindblowing. To touch one is to need one. If you really don't want to buy one, do not go near an Apple shop.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

i have archos have done for years

top player some will play avi files aswell when on long trips

i have the old jukebox, and the Av700

not a huge fan of the ipod myself have a look there some nice players

www.scan.co.uk sell them
                  and asda do some of them
                  Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                  Current project:
                  cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                  cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                  Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

There are better players around than the ipod. Other players have better sound, play more file types, are less fragile and offer more for the money.

But if it's a present for the mrs then an ipod is the only answer. Anything else will be seen as a slap in the face.

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ipod all the way - does what it says on the tin, nice to use, looks the biz and ours are lasting well.

Factory integrated in to car hifi big +. Use it with Mac at home PC at work.

We don't use Apple ear phones but have some decent in ear ones which probably make a bit of difference.

Comment

get an old ipod, and strip out that crappy apple interface.

in fact any mp3 player will run the amazing rockbox

Comment

There are better players around than the ipod. Other players have better sound, play more file types, are less fragile and offer more for the money.
                          very true indeed, i'm on my 3rd ipod.

I also have a walkman mp3 player (NW-A1000) also whilst it is more robust, it doesn't have the ipod click wheel...

Comment

in fact any mp3 player will run the amazing rockbox
                            cool Gabe, i was using sharepod.

BOT don't get sony coz sonic stage is pants.... unless you use rockbox

Comment

the other day i found a tool that let you use any mp3 device with itunes.

including cheap supermarket mp3 players. a few of them actually.

this is one that worked for me:
                              http://www.binaryfortress.com/itunes-sync/

for all those people who want itunes, but dont want to put up with the ipod.

Comment

Working...
                              X