Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Meet up...yes..another post!! Decision time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Meet up...yes..another post!! Decision time!

ok, I know people are waiting for a decision here so I'm making it.

Stratford
    17th November (evening) and 18th November (lunchtime)

If anyone, who knows the town, can recommend a hotel, please do let us know here. I'm going to just go ahead and book anywhere (we're going 16th to 18th) on Thursday if I haven't had a recommendation before then.

Likewise, somewhere to meet/eat.
    There was mention of a Chinese all-you-can-eat place? I think that's a great idea!
    If you can let us know where, we can see if we can get provisional figures and arrange a booking for the Saturday evening.

So, once again...who's in?

Stratford, 17th/18th?

Which date or both? and alone or with partner?

editted to add....we're thinking of booking HERE
    Central enough location to stagger back at the end of the evening (very important!) unless anyone comes up with any suggestions
    Tracey

Just to be clear - which 'Stratford' are you going to?

Ontario, Canada - Connecticut, United States - California, United States - New Jersey, United States - New South Wales, Australia - Victoria, Australia - Wicklow, Ireland - Stratford-upon-Avon, England - Stratford, East London - Stratford, Worcestershire - Prince Edward Island, Canada - Iowa, United States - New York, United States - Oklahoma, United States - South Dakota, United States - Texas, United States - Wisconsin, United States - Stratford, New Zealand - or none of the above?

Just checking 'cos I'd hate you to go to the wrong one - or is that the idea to get away from us all.
    David
    parterredesign.co.uk

Comment

well, given that the original thread was talking about Warwick I'm fairly sure it is obvious to those who had previously shown interest! Likewise, the hotel I linked to is a giveaway...but for anyone who may STILL be geographically challenged, it's STRATFORD UPON AVON in Warwickshire....oh, that's in England, which is in the UK.

However, many of your options do seem far more interesting
      Tracey

Comment

Im still trying to juggle things here, but i am on a 90% definate at the mo, but it will be saturday night and sunday. Someone mentioned xmas shopping stuff which obviously got the wife interested, not that the christmas do and hotel sounded like a good idea

D

Comment

I'm still OK for a Sunday lunch (me + partner). That hotel is fairly well sited in Stratford (upon-Avon). Quite close to the centre.

Comment

Alan is the xmas shopping good

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              Alan is the xmas shopping good
              Stratford is very touristy (lots of tea shops, souvenir shops etc.). Its quite a small town and the tourist influx in the summer can be overwhelming. I've not been there for a long time, do I don't know what the shopping is like.

I do remember that you have to walk on the right-hand side of the footpath in order to avoid being mown down by the Americans who always walk on that side.

For those with kids, Rag Doll Productions used to have a shop there (its their headquarters). Rosie & Jim's canal boat used to be moored in the canal basin.

Comment

So come on then who else is going, there must be more than just us, and lets be honest it was warwick and now moved to stratford.

Put you money were you mouth is, remember someone offered to pay for the meal if enough people turned up (sorry Lee)

Comment

I'll pay for the meals too and any travel.

Comment

Are you joining us then Lee, i know its around you kneck of the woods, and maybe the good lady aswell

D

Comment

I never commit to anything like this Darren as i hate to say yes and then not go, especially when people are trying to ascertain numbers. Erindoors will stay with the little monkey i would imagine, although i will ask her if she would like to come along, 4 minutes before i'm leaving.

Comment

Count me in, not too keen on the Chinese idea but that is but a small point...

hotel looks good, lets combine it with a discussion on ways forward next year (for 10 minutes), exchange business cards and then claim it all back on ex's
                        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I'm still up for it.
                          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

ok..I'm booking our room.
                            If enough of us stay there, perhaps we can eat there too? or not..maybe we can play it by ear depending on how many people actually turn up?
                            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                              ok..I'm booking our room...
                              now then Trace...easy tiger...
                              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X