Children In Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children In Need

It's been a few years since i did anything of note for this charity. Along with the RSPCA it is one of my favourites to support. I am looking for some ideas on how to raise a decent amount this year, something surrounding actinic or web design. Maybe a group of us join together and collectively produce a website for a lucky winner and the lucky winner has to pay a set fee or something similar?

Struggling to think of an idea - any suggestions? I'm up for a sponsored 24 hour site design or alike, or anything really. I like the idea of a few of us amalgamating to produce one site between us, think it'd be interesting.

Cheers

That sounds like great idea Lee - if there's anything I can do to help let me know - not best designer in world but can do some stuff!

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Comment

I can make tea - seriously im sure i must be able to do something to help, hey i can test and break things you know

Comment

Just a thought but we could build an website that has donated products on it - maybe forum members would like to donate goods/services at a set price and we build the site to sell these specific products with whole proceeds from sales going to Children in Need?

Kathy
        Kathy Newman

Comment

Lee,

How about some sort of portal site which displays adverts & marketing text relating to actinic sites & actinic developers sites?

Site owners and developers supply adverts and text and pay a yearly fee (to be agreed) to be listed and the proceeds go to Children in Need.

I know Bill has a free text directory on his site so this would be taking it one step further.

Anyway just an idea and I would welcome the opportunity of contributing.

Dave

Comment

*donates his teenage son*
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
              *donates his teenage son*
              I could donate my in-laws as long as they don't get returned as unsold goods

Dave

Comment

How about an Actinic "million dollar" page where people buy pixels for adds - payment into paypal. 7,000 forum members at £1 a pixel?

Comment

how about auctioning off services

ie: data input
                  1 page seo'd
                  a home page designed

put up a "rrp" sort of price and let people bid for it???

just a thought

mal can u exlian the pixel thingy?? cheers
                  Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                  Current project:
                  cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                  cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                  Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

exlian the pixel thingy
                    Checkout www.milliondollarhomepage.com

Comment

oops just noticed spelling mistake

cheers fella

im up for that but which lucky person is going to control the page?
                      Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                      Current project:
                      cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                      cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                      Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

I would gladly assist leeski in anyway you wish to dispose of my services.
                        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Same here Lee, once we have an idea of what we can do I will certainly give whatever help I can.
                          Cheers

David
                          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Originally posted by Cheapprices4u
                            im up for that but which lucky person is going to control the page?
                            Lee & Mal of course - it was all their idea

Kathy
                            Kathy Newman

Comment

Although i posted the thread, i would like things to be a combined decision on whether we do something. I think a combined effort on a website would be great but it does of course need a site owner willing to pay for a co-built site. I would be more than happy to run a 24 hour (no sleep) design or request service with perhaps a team of us to do certain things. Actinic experience is all we are after to join up and help. I like the idea of donating products, it caught my attention, but logistically i think it could be a nightmare. I think we need to hit something in a 24 hour period, leave our mark, make some money, donate it and go to bed happy with ourselves.

If we could pool 8 people, each with their own aspect to do on a new site and bring all 8 areas together all within one 24 hour period, i think that'd be great. We might even be able to wangle someone some money out of Chris Barling towards it.

My initial thought was say a company that wants a new website built, they can't afford £1500-£3000, but would be willing to part with £500 for example. I'm not sure whether there would be any takers, but that was my initial thought. I'm also happy to run a 24 hour design and problem solving service, but would love if we could come together as a team and do something - keep the ideas coming and we will gauge opinions and what people think.

Comment

Working...
                              X