Content Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content Theft

I have found a seller on Ebay selling many of our products using the same images and text. I politely asked them to remove all content.

I had a reply to say that they had not used our text (although it has now been changed) and that the images were their own.

I then pointed out that the pictures of the jewellery were in Our branded boxes with our website address printed on

no reply but all auctions have been cancelled.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Google images has a lot to answer for - people think that they can use whatever it turns up.

Comment

Google images has a lot to answer for - people think that they can use whatever it turns up.
      I've always used robots.txt to ban google images from indexing my sites

Comment

I don't think this is a Google Image problem as the person would have found our site from just searching the Internet for the brand name.

The manufacturer does supply branded packaging with the products but we choose to use our own as it is much better. I can only assume that the Ebayer assumed that the official packaging was the picture we had on our site and not our own branded packaging.

We do have a lot of problems with content theft but this has to be the funniest, or most blatant.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have come across images on ebay that were taken from my website, and then the seller puts their own copyright text across the front of it to stop other ebayers nicking the image that they nicked in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by BPJ553
            I have come across images on ebay that were taken from my website, and then the seller puts their own copyright text across the front of it to stop other ebayers nicking the image that they nicked in the first place!

Just had this happen with me but Ebay did remove the items at my request.

It makes my blood boil

Comment

Does your server allow for mod rewrites? There is code you can add to the .htaccess file to prevent hotlinking... if they are nabbing the pics then watermarking is your best option.

Facebook make my blood boil - I have never been on the site (I went through puberty many years back) but my stats show my product images keep on appearing. Gits.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                Facebook make my blood boil - I have never been on the site (I went through puberty many years back)
                implying??

don't knock it til ya tried it, I say....Facebook, that is (and I know there are a few here who would agree with me )
                Tracey

Comment

Bumpsy i bet £50 you play online Bingo or have done in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    Bumpsy i bet £50 you play online Bingo or have done in the past?
                    haha..not on your bloody life!!
                    Definitely NOT a bingo person...online or otherwise!
                    Tracey

Comment

It's just that i heard they never shut up either.....

HTH

PS - happy with you CiN role?

Comment

It's just that i heard they never shut up either.....

HTH

PS - happy with you CiN role?
                        sure...why not!

remind me again?...doing what? lol

eta.... PS...you owe me £50!
                        Tracey

Comment

We had a classic case of copying a while back, they denigned everything as well - but it was so blatant that they were using our VAT number.

Jont, don't blame facebook, when you add an image you have to tick a box agreeing that you have permission to upload the images, so it's the skanky users not the site that are to blame.

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I use a mod re write for linking to my images, have not used an offensive image yet just a nice little150x150 image advertising my website, has turned up in a few places, one being a german VW forum ?

D

Comment

I seem to recall a fantastic post where someone had their images hotlinked by an eBay user. Their solution was to allow the hot linking to continue but to change the image to something stating "Buy one get one free" or something of that ilk! Inspired
                              Mod rewrites to stop hotlinking is, as said already, the best approach.
                              http://www.alistapart.com/articles/hotlinking/
                              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                              X