Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Shopping Portal email - am I losing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Shopping Portal email - am I losing it?

We use Mailwasher to preview emails, and it shows a summary of the text version of an email. Today we received one from a major shopping portal which in the text summary said that CPC would be going up over Xmas - they would kindly do this automatically for traders, but they would NOT automatically put them down again after Xmas. I think this is a shoddy way to treat their customers, so I downloaded the email into Outlook and replied to it, expressing my views

When I then looked back at the original email (in Outlook HTML), there was a nice message about their improved customer service, but nothing about the price rise, not even in the source. Is this possible?? Can the original text version disappear completely in the HTML version, and/or when replied to? Normally I would ignore this, but half of me is beginning to think that the bad news about pricing has been lost on download to Outlook, and they are not automatically reducing prices after Xmas because they know that most of their customers won't have realised that they went up in the first place.

I have major cold, headache and sore throat (aaah). Am I losing the plot? Should I go back to bed with a hot toddy?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Originally posted by Mark H
    Should I go back to bed with a hot toddy?
    If that's your thing and he's up for it, i'd look for a Claire instead though, they are usually warmer.

Comment

Hmmm. Not tried a Claire, I'll see if I can find one.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

It is possible to have different emails sent together. I use Dadamail and it for example allows both to be created.

On receipt if you select to view your emails in plain text then you see one version however if you select html then you will see another version.

My bet is they forgot about the two and left the old text in perhaps or something similar. Or maybe they changed their mind about the content and forgot to update both versions.

Comment

Working...
        X