Computer Games Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Games Suggestions

Every now and then I enjoy playing computer games - don't have a PS or Nintendo or any of that sort of stuff (though am thinking about buying a second had ps1 just to see if I'd use it!)

However I get bored trawling the internet looking for something good to play -I like adventure/strategy/logic/mystic games - but not really into multi player stuff.

So does anyone have any suggestions of good games that are either available to play online or download and play (not necessarily for free)

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

go find a copy of final fantasy 7 for the ps1.

beautiful and engrossing game.

Comment

Pants reply Mr Pink.

3/10 Must do better.

(only 480 odd words short)

Kath, 'ave a wee look for the thread on here that Gabriel started about playing online. Plenty ideas on there I think.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Gauntlet - greatest mystery game ever.

Comment

Gauntlet: "Warrior needs food!", "Don't shoot the food!" "Warrior is about to die!", "Save potions for later use"

Comment

Think I'm just wishing there was a graphical version of Caves - I spent (or should that be misspent) many an hour playing Caves em - "you are in a dark passage and a little dwarf has just thrown a knife at you - oh lucky it missed!"
            Kathy Newman

Comment

Star Wars Lego 2 on PS2 .. shorty and I are addicted.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

many an hour playing Caves
                I've still got that here. The original DOS adventur.exe (dated 1988) still works under XP. Total size of all files 150Kb.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Rogue - the Grandmother of all dungeon/strategy/monster kill games.

And the windows exe is only 50Kb! lol
                  I can't find the proper link to it. There is a shrine-like homepage somewhere out there where you can play a java based version online.

Randonmly generated levels - very difficult!
                  http://roguelikes.sauceforge.net/pub/rogue/index.html
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Ok - now thats a bit too co-incidental and spooky norman!
                    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                      spooky norman!
                      Spooky is his middle name - have you seen him lurking around those corridors and sneaking up on the poor parrot with his stick?

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just been playing Leisure Suit Larry on my phone - reminds me of the old adventure games such as King's Quest etc.

Comment

I gave up on phone games after i finally managed to fill the screen on the snake game on the top level. Full screen and the snake goes to eat his tail, it takes 45 mins and each little mistake puts you back a potential 45 minutes. Many a time one has lifted off the throne and nearly fell over with dead legs trying.

Games schmames.

Comment

Kathy,

Not exactly sure what you looking for. Did you want to play online or not? Why download? You haven't suggested buying a game on a CD/DVD. Presumably, you're wanting to run on a PC.

Final Fantasy has an absorbing plot, but huge battles that go on for hours.

The Tomb Raider series are very good for puzzle solving and don't require too much advanced finger coordination. They are better on the PC as you can save anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                            X