Lunch tomorrow (Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch tomorrow (Sunday)

OK, I've located the Garrick Inn and it seems good enough as anywhere!
    considered the local Beefeater (as it's staggering distance from the hotel) but I'm sure the pub will be fine. It's not as if we're going to take it over, is it?

I've reinstated my own avatar (sorry, boys!) so you all stand a chance of recognising me.
    We'll probably be there from about 12.30 onwards (and there's a chance I'll be mildl tipsy by the time anyone else arrives!) so, if we can arrange to "meet" at around 1pm, maybe we can eat when folk turn up?

So far, I'm expecting (well, so I'm told) Andy (Goz), Panagiotis and Alan...is anyone else coming to see us?

All are welcome and it'll be great to meet some of you. We've had the most fantastic weekend (just me and Nik ) spent a fortune and enjoyed being childfree!
    A meeting with friends will be the perfect end to a fabulous weekend for us, tbh.

So, if anyone else is considering it, PLEASE do come
    I'm emailable (through forum) as I have my laptop here (using hotel's extortionately expensive wifi ) and am online most of the time..well, til turfing out time tomorrow anyway (11am)

If anyone needs to get hold of me, my mobile number is on my Budget Bumps website (I won't post it here!) Feel free to call/text to get hold of me...metaphorically speaking, of course

And I'll see some of you tomorrow!!
    Tracey

ok...quick edit to say that mobile number is on TERMS webpage and NOT contact page...my bad, sorry!

Obviously, I don't want to put it here but it is in the "reaching us" section of the terms

Thanks
    Tracey

Comment

Ok Tracey

Enough suspence, how did it go?????
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

If I may answer on Tracey's behalf (as she's online and obviously ignoring this thread... perhaps we upset her yesterday )

Once we'd all found each other it went swimmingly. I sat by myself like Norman NoMates (no reference to "our" Norman!) in one bar of the pub while everyone else sat in another bar!! I'd had a shower 'n everything, so it couldn't have been because I smelt... could it??

Went for a meal. Had a high level discussion about the future of Actinic ; what features should be included in V10 ; who's who in the community ; the problems of running an online shop ; how brilliant the Royal Mail service is ; the pros and cons of running a B&M shop ; how brilliant it is to get away from the kids for a weekend (or a few hours, in my case!) ....

And then it got dark and Zebedee said "time for bed everyone" so we went home.

I'd be surprised if Tracey and Alan don't have more to add....
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Florence was a bit of a slut, she always followed him to bed and they were not even engaged

Glad to here it went well
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

sorry...missed Chris's post

Yeh...met Alan, and his lovely wife, in the pub....omg talk about crowded and noisy...sat in front bar which filled up with noisy welsh rugby people!!

Andy had been sat in the backroom but we didn't know til he managed to get through to me on the phone as we went to change pubs to eat (dodgy signal in pub, apparently!) so we mooched on down elsewhere to eat/gossip etc

Panagiotis....we missed him!! We thought we'd be ok to switch pubs (couldn't MOVE in the Garrick!) because Pan had my mobile number...except he forgot it!

So they sat in the Garrick thinking we were nowhere to be seen..and we waited for a call

But...all in all we had a great day yesterday (gutted we missed Pan though) and me and Nik had a fabby weekend away with no work (well, not much!) and no kids (w00t!)

Next time, I'm not arranging anything! Too many drop outs (as expected)..haha...well, not those kind of drop outs but YKWIM!

editted to add...Andy seemed very quiet...but probably couldn't get a word in
            Tracey

Comment

tracey, now tell the truth.

have you started w00ting irl?

be honest now!

Comment

funny thing is, Gabe..I have an emoticon called "woot" in msn that I use quite a lot...so it kinda just comes out!

hmmmm..in real life...I doubt it!
                Tracey

Comment

I cant remember a day where i diddnt w00t at least once.

Comment

hmmm...well, I'm really not a w00ter myself!
                    If I did, someone would probably get me committed!
                    Tracey

Comment

How does one w00t?

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

well, its really quite verbal.

its to express excitement.

like this:

"Oh! some moles!... w00t!"

Comment

Lovely example ... it is just for writing or can you w00t out loud?

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                            How does one w00t?

Regards,
                            Glad someone else asked that question, I was feeling a litle deprived.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
                              Glad someone else asked that question, I was feeling a litle deprived.
                              Hi Duncan,

I think it's just a new fangled woo hoo, but I'm not quite sure.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                              X