Interesting scenario.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting scenario.

This ain't our problem, but I'll tell it like it is as it makes more sense that way.

Customer orders four different items.

Recieves order next day, then emails saying he's only recieved three. (package not opened or damaged by RM)

Now. Heres the crunch. Due to the very strict routine of picking then packing there is no way that only three was despatched. (picked by someone, despatched by someone else, both initialled, packaged in a `clean area` so nothing gets dropped, lost, hidden etc). From what I know, four items were sent, no doubt about that.

So. Believe customer or not? Discuss.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Ask him to return the lot for full credit and judge the reaction.

Comment

makes no difference if you believe or not, does it? The customer is always right 'n' all that. It isn't worth the negative press...JMO, obviously
      Tracey

Comment

We have a similar system here, G

Every order picked it checked by someone else, but people still tell you it was missing and we now say ok i shall pull all the paperwork and find out who picked it and who over checked it then i explain that it is highly unlikely due to the controls we have in place, give them some flannel about the system will not allow ou to raise a delivery note if you have not picked everything.

then tell them that you will need to persue it with the employees and royalmail, then let them know they will recieve a letter from roymail asking for details.

You be suppsried how many of them you never here from again G

D

Comment

...this is whats known as Social Engineering.

In any system, there are inherent flaws. Be the flaws in the physical process of the system, or the compassion or ignorance of the people who create and run the system. All t takes is a lack of communication at any level for your system to be exploited. From the moment that you get the order, to the moment that it arrives in their hands, complete or otherwise.

In this case, you need to know if the system has failed. confirmation from the postage company would be imperative.

The customer is right, if the courier claims that only 3 packages were delivered. Otherwise, there is no way to prove that the package was correctly delivered and the customer may be right.

In this scenario, you've got to assume that there is no trickery afoot, and that the customer has good intentions.

All systems can be exploited in this manner, just like computers can be exploited.

My favourite is the Mc'fast-food hack.

Order something when its busy, then just as you've sat down to eat it, go find someone else, other than the person that took your order and ask them where your burger is, you've been waiting for ages.

Assuming that you ordered and are waiting, and with the distinct lack of burger to customer records,ds, they will dilligently get it for you. No questions asked.

Comment

Happens occasionally with us. I've decided some customers are just out to scam you and they know that they nearly always win out. Nothing much you can do about it.

1) They send the stuff back for a refund. Keep the 'missing' item. They win.
            2) You say they are liars. They get their money back through the credit card company, who gets it back from you. They win.
            3) You send them the 'missing' item. They win.

I would welcome a solution, but I think thats just the way it is.

Comment

Likewise, we triple check - order pulled, checked, re-checked by person number 2.
              We're only a small set up (5 peeps), and all pretty dilligent.
              Had a similar complaint, dug out the order, and found I had re-checked the order myself.
              Swore blind I remember completing it correctly.

Package was sent Royal Mail, so we record the parcel weight, as its needed to calculate packetpost rates.

We replicated the order, repacked it, and weighed it - and low and behold, the parcel sent WAS below the weight of the replacement.

LESSON.

Some customers may be up for a scam.
              BUT
              even with the most careful of systems, we can make mistakes too!

Comment

I hope you gave yourself a good 'sunshining' Martin. Been a while since you made me chuckle with that sentence.

Comment

Third scenario. The package broke open in transit and the fourth item got either lost or nicked. It happens and the customer may not know the package has been opened. At the end of the day you have no option but to carry the can.
                  Blank DVD
                  Cloth Nappies

Comment

Holly shit steve is that you finally putting your sig with keywords in it

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                      Holly shit
                      is that especially for Christmas then?
                      Tracey

Comment

MODS GET STEVE THE SPAMMER THROWN OUT PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                          MODS GET STEVE THE SPAMMER THROWN OUT PLEASE.
                          and while you're at it, can you ban Lee for shouting, please?
                          My eyes hurt now
                          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                            Holly shit steve is that you finally putting your sig with keywords in it
                            Kinell Mal, it's only took us 18 months, but by jove good ole SS is nearly there. Woot!

Comment

Bugger off.
                              Blank DVD
                              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                              X