Anyone Heard Off Bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Heard Off Bill?

Haven't seen Bill for a few weeks, anyone know if all is OK?

actually, I was thinking the same thing myself when Duncan mentioned him the other day...he has been MIA a while, hasn't he?
    Tracey

Comment

Hmmm... Last seen here on the 8th November. A bit worrying. He has a sporadic blog but there's nothing there after the 5th November.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

are we talking Bill Wycombe?
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Yes DJ....

Comment

Ditto. I was wondering myself. I'll drop him a line.

Comment

Sorry to alarm you all folks.

The internet connection at our temporary accommodation in Egypt ceased working and I was reduced to doing business from Coffee Shops with wireless connections for the last few weeks - means all I could do was download orders and email, no opportunity to visit the forum.

Typical day - get up 6.30 am, drop Liz and Josh at the school, go to our new apartment to supervise the construction work (our initial end-August completion now looks likely to be mid-January). Once work has started, go to Cilantros Cafe - have a cappucino and try the wireless.

Not working. Go back to the apartment and check progress. Go to Karizma Cafe and have a Nescafe with Hazelnut - try their connection. Not working.

Go back to the apartment and check progress. Fire up the laptop to see if any of the neighbours with open wireless access are home - success. Get email down, download orders.

All of these connections do not allow outbound email except from accounts with the ISP, so after scanning the email, fire up webmail and send the most urgent responses. Battery dies. Go back to supervising the construction. Pick Liz and Josh up from the school and go back to the temp accomm. Recharge Laptop for next day.

Now in Uk till 10th, so will be popping in daily, and happily, the telephone connection to the new apartment is active, and as of Thursday pm (just as I left to catch the plane) internet connection is available.

The computer room has a corniche, and ceiling plaster, but the walls are still to be plastered, and the floor be tiled. I will set up a wireless router on the connection when I get back and work off a plastic chair on the balcony.

Very Frustrated,
              Last edited by wjcampbe; 03-Dec-2007, 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling as always
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Running around like a busy bee it sounds.
                Good to know all is OK anyway, thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Hi, Bill. Welcome back. Glad it was only a glitch that silenced you.

Working wirelessly from the balcony seems a good idea. You'll be able to see the wheels being nicked from your car from there.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X