Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey Friday Already

Well That Week Went Quick How is Everyone Doing

Sales are good this week, actually really busy on the kite sites and i am really struggling to keep stock up. Maybe last year i got caught with some extra stock, not too much of an issue but it takes a while to shift it in the new year.

So question is how is everyone else doing this week, probably the busiest week for xmas prezzies so far, wonder how busy next week will be as people suddenly realise its the last week, most people have not noticed yet.

D

Really busy here too - and hoping will get busier next week! Struggling too with some items being out of stock now till new year which doesn NOT help.

Glad we signed up with Amazon earlier in year - getting lots of orders via them.

BTW - wouldn't like to try and fly a kite here today - very very windy

K
    Kathy Newman

Comment

Fantastic last three months and still going strong, and we don't sell Christmas type items unless you want to buy your wife a nurses uniform that is !!
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
        unless you want to buy your wife a nurses uniform that is !!
        that reminds me Chris

Seriously though, my wife needs a new top, not sure what you call them, like what the dentist people wear. Must look around your site

D

Comment

Aye, its nutz here.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Completely mad today. Literally couldn't keep up with the orders coming in! I think a few late night packing sessions will be required if it keeps up.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

Pretty busy here. Working just about full time now. Lots of late nights. Considering I'm a home operator, its getting embarassing with the number of delivery vans turning up. Having trouble keeping the stock numbers under control. In my business, when something comes to the end of a print run, you can't take any 'accidental' orders for it because there won't be any available for 3-6 months.

Two observations:
              1. the average order size is bigger than last year (put down to increased range)
              2. many more drop-outs at the checkout stage. Not sure what is causing this. Maybe its all the new shoppers on the web. One person took four goes before paying - thats 4 orders, 1 payment

Comment

One person took four goes before paying - thats 4 orders, 1 payment
                what payment method?

Comment

Originally posted by acompton
                  One person took four goes before paying - thats 4 orders, 1 payment
                  I have had an increase in these aswell, i usually get a phone call and this all seems to be down to the verified by visa and mastercard secure code. People dont know what it is and get nervous about it and then close there browser.

I wish these card companies would tell there customers, i know they dont because i am yet to recieve any information on it from mine

D

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                    what payment method?
                    I don't remember taking note, but the most common route is to start with Protx, abandon it, and complete on PayPal. I think Darren is right about secure VbyV and MSC. During the year I see a normal amount of abandonded orders, but last Christmas I didn't get any of this nonsense; people just paid up. I only has Protx then, and added PayPal after Christmas. Maybe there's a factor of 'should I have chosen the other one?'

Curiously it's the small orders (<£15) that do this the most often).

Comment

Originally posted by acompton

Curiously it's the small orders (<£15) that do this the most often).
                      Same here alan, or its the big ones >£200 and when you email them they never reply, i have become skeptical with the large value. But nearly all are the small orders, i used to email them but i really dont bother anymore, they actually become alot of work for no money. I know that sounds like cherry picking but i found i spent most of my time having to explain everything to people to make a few quid then to get called again because they cant fly the thing.

D

Comment

they actually become alot of work for no money
                        i have always worked SW on this basis - ie do 95% of your sales for 5% effort.

its a judgement call whether you want that remaining 5% which inevitably requires the 95%.

Comment

Working...
                        X