best price for photoshop please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best price for photoshop please

has anyone seen any good offers on photoshop cs3 extended.
    there is a guy selling on ebay for 200 boxed retail version, he says its usa ver, is this an issue that will affect usage...

evaluation about to expire, superb programme, fireworks is history.lol
    Simbo thanks you in advance again

ebuyer.com has it for about 480.
    I doubt the one for 200 on ebay is original.

Comment

have you tried open source "the Gimp" in my view just as good as photoshop with a big fat zero price tag - although a donation is `appreciated to the OS movement

Comment

it's possible the 200 ebay version is a student copy..something else to watch out for
        Tracey

Comment

Adobe Elements 6 does most of what Photoshop does and only costs £65

Comment

Elements is a great tool, it was primarily introduced to the market as software for digital photographers to manipulate images `with - thus for a shop owner you can manipulate product images and do some basic image creation.

Photoshop is the real mccoy for designers/graphic artists etc to create high quality graphics/vector images etc for web/print and so on..these features are not necessarily in elements

so look at your requirment and pay accordingly

Comment

Elements is a great tool
              It certainly is - Ive just done a course on it and now tend to use it more than I do Photoshop!!!

I include a copy of it in most of my design packages for clients as IMO its the best value for money out there for web design work.

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Which course did you do? I've just started looking for a course and personal recommendation is always best.

Andy
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

Which course did you do
                  It was a 6 weeks one run by the local community development center (100m from my house) so it will be a bit far for you to travel I expect!!

Comment

thanks guys

im messing with the gimp now jo... heart set on photoshop though am just getting to grips with it after few weeks.. still a hell of a lot of untapped stuff there to learn the thing seems to go on for ever when you delve into the menus..
                    Simbo thanks you in advance again

Comment

still a hell of a lot of untapped stuff there to learn the thing seems to go on for ever when you delve into the menus
                      IMO if you are just using it for website work then its a waste of money as 99% of it you will never use.

Comment

I prefer using the Gimp to shelling out £400

there's loads of other stuff i'd rather spend my dosh on including a holiday in the sun, a crate of champagne, 12 pairs of crocs, iphone or a few ipod nanos

Comment

there's loads of other stuff i'd rather spend my dosh on
                          Exactly - most digital cameras come with software that is good enough for web work as well.

Comment

RuralWeb said
                            It was a 6 weeks one run by the local community development center (100m from my house) so it will be a bit far for you to travel I expect!!
                            Yeah.... but a great place for a 6 week holiday!!
                            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz
                              Yeah.... but a great place for a 6 week holiday!!
                              hey Andy, maybe Malc would put you up too!
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X