No announcement yet.

Antivirus etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.inboxer.com/ slots in with Outlook very well. Easy to use and like nod 32, it doesn't slow your machine down. I think they both do 30 day trials which are worth it if your current stuff is out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
      I use ZA and had no problems with updates with either Kaspersky (just now) or previously with Norton 7.5. Delete the program from ZA and it should ask you next time it tries to access the internet.
      How annoying, just tried to install Kaspersky and it said ZA security Suite was incompatible and wanted to remove it...

But, wow - does my machine go faster without NAV on it! It's like someone replaced the CPU with a bigger faster one. I wasn't aware just how much processing it was taking up - now it takes about 1/3rd the time to log in and word/excel files open instantly...
      John

Comment

ZA Security contains an anti-virus part, so thats where the incompatibility is.
        you could keep Kasperski as the AV side of things and then revert to Zone Alarm for just the firewall part of it.

what was you solution, did you keep kaspersky or ZA?

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie
          ZA Security contains an anti-virus part, so thats where the incompatibility is.
          you could keep Kasperski as the AV side of things and then revert to Zone Alarm for just the firewall part of it.

what was you solution, did you keep kaspersky or ZA?
          Yeah, I know. I kept the AV part disabled while NAV was installed and that worked ok, but Kasperski isn't having it.

I'm just asking ZA if I can downgrade to ZA pro with the same licence key...
          John

Comment

The basic ZA Pro with Kaspersky works fine but I do have an odd issue in IE7 in - graphics on pages are not all always displayed until the page is refreshed. It only happens with IE7, FF is fine. It only started to happen after installing Kaspersky so I must have something strange going on with the timing of the page rendering and the virus checking.

Comment

seems ZA can't be downgraded on the same licence, so have ditched it and am trying the Kaspersky internet suite as well (also came top of it's class in pcpro reviews)
              John

Comment

grrrrrrr...... just running the virus scan from kaspersky and so far it has scanned part of my mailbox and found 15 email viruses!!!

So not only was that piece of c**p by norton slowing my computer down it was completely failing to identify any of these threats.

Luckily, so far, they all seem to be ones in my deleted folder (all those annoying emails that arrived in the period of time between mailwasher deleting all the spam in my mailboxes and then outlook downloading all the mail...and then got dumped straight in the bin by me) that required me to follow a link or open an attachment in order to be defrauded or infected.

oh, there's another 2...
                John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                  piece of c**p by norton
                  Never forget those words, i have been saying them for 2 years nearly now and i will not stop until they go bump.

Comment

Right then i want some of this Russian sounding virus thingy, where do i get it from, whose jumped on the bandwagon since this thread started and got it all up and running ok?

Comment

http://www.kaspersky.com/

they have AV or full internet jobbie with firewall and AV, both on 30 day trial.
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                        http://www.kaspersky.com/

they have AV or full internet jobbie with firewall and AV, both on 30 day trial.
                        Don't give me variables please, just tell me what to get.

Comment

Just go for the cheepie version - just AV. Amazon.co.uk 3 user licence £27 for a years use. (Unless you use the full ZA package - then you'll need to bin ZA in which case you will need the whole K suite) I am using KAV and ZAPro.

Comment

Why are you guys using ZA - whats wrong with only using the windows firewall/ router firewall solution?

I wasn't really interesting in changing my solution which is Norton Corp AV only but pricked up my ears when John says his PC is running faster without it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                              Why are you guys using ZA - whats wrong with only using the windows firewall/ router firewall solution?
                              You could it's just my preference.

Originally posted by pinbrook
                              I wasn't really interesting in changing my solution which is Norton Corp AV only but pricked up my ears when John says his PC is running faster without it.
                              I removed NAV Corp (old 7.5) and don't see a great difference in speed (persumably it's pc umph dependant - and my machines pretty fast) but it does check better than the old NAV7.5 and at the price I thought it was worth the money.

I 'think' the newer Norton solutions are much slower than the old 7.5 so it's probably more apparent for those users.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
                                Just go for the cheepie version - just AV. Amazon.co.uk 3 user licence £27 for a years use. (Unless you use the full ZA package - then you'll need to bin ZA in which case you will need the whole K suite) I am using KAV and ZAPro.
                                Duncan, you gave me an answer and then woollied it all up with options again. You are the most paranoid and organised person i know of in this area, just tell me what to get please. No options at all, just firm autocratic instructions. I currently use PC Guard, Windows Firewall and run Spybot and Adaware regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X