No announcement yet.

Antivirus etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their support forum looks pretty active as well.

Comment

Be careful of upgrading Kaspersky to the 325 release!

I thought it would be a good idea to check the Kaspersky installation on my main developement PC for any software upgrades today and on the website I found that there was a later version for download. So I downloaded it and ran it, it upgraded my installation - and then the trouble started!

After rebooting I randomly got BSOD after a short period. I though I'd recover from my latest Acronis backup only to find that last nights backup set had a corrupt index!

Anyway long story short I eventually managed to remove Kaspersky build 325 by blocking it's access with Zonealarm and then reinstalled build 124 and all is now well again. I also made a fresh full backup and started off a new differential schedule set. (I'm glad I decided to keep ZA)

So beware do not upgrade Kaspersky until the update is introduced automatically by the standard Kaspersky checker. A review of the Kaspersky support forums confirms that a number of people have issues with the latest build, which is presumably why it has not been pushed out by the checker.

Comment

I've had both Firefox and IE7 go into 'no addon' mode recently since adding this, is it linked, has anyone else? I can't seem to get them to switch addons back on, no matter what instructions i am told to follow. I keep having this stupid info bar appear on every single web page i visit telling me addons are disabled, yet when i look at them, they are all enabled.

I actually reinstalled Firefox a few days ago to correct that issue, but now IE7 has done the same, it leads me to think something is astray. Thanks for any help, i did STFF i promise, honest.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with add-ons at all. Sounds like something else, especially if it's FF and IE.

Have you installed the latest MS updates? I haven't, and have a about 3 or 4 still pending to be installed - related perhaps?

Comment

I noticed system had rebooted a few days ago, but i haven't seen any MS updates to be honest, they usually wait for me to OK them (otherwise known as a recommendation to do an acronis image immediately lol). The only other thing i have done (out of the ordinary) is to install spybot S&D. It was just strange that Firefox went titsup too, which lead me to believe it might be the Kaspersky as that's about the only thing i could think that both browsers had in common.

I also have a Window Security Alert saying Kaspersky isn't running, but it clearly is. Sigh.

Comment

Are you still running KAS 124 or 125?
              Pop over to the KAS forums and see if other's have had the same problem:
              http://forum.kaspersky.com/

You could try disabling KAS for a while to see if it helps.

Comment

This any use?:

http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Config...ernet+Security

In particular, this might allow you to edit the rules for Firefox, which they don't do in this example.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
                  Are you still running KAS 124 or 125?
                  Pop over to the KAS forums and see if other's have had the same problem:
                  http://forum.kaspersky.com/

You could try disabling KAS for a while to see if it helps.
                  124 or 125? no idea at all, it's set to update itself and run itself. I cannot see anywhere to find out this number, i'm on 7.0.1.321 anti virus version when i hover over the icon.

I've just uninstalled Spybot see if that helps.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H
                    This any use?:

http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Config...ernet+Security

In particular, this might allow you to edit the rules for Firefox, which they don't do in this example.
                    Thanks Mark, just taking a look, although this is a problem on IE7 & IE6 now as since the firefox reinstall 4-5 days ago, that has been fine. Just strange that all 3 browsers have had a similar problem, their name in the actual menu changes and has 'no addons' added to the name.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                      I've just uninstalled Spybot see if that helps.
                      Spybot can cause havoc with MS programs including IE and particularly Outlook running via Exchange.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Are you using KAS AV or the KAS Security Suite?

You could try Undoing the immunising in Spybot.

Comment

Just the AV, spybot is completely uninstalled now, still the same. Very strange.

Comment

Working...
                          X