Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinbrook support Desk

Anyone got the details of the pinbrook support site

I cant find them this morning and have some problems, i cant get them as there main site is down to

D

Everything is down with us, no email from their servers, no site, no hemisphere don't know if they have had a power cut.

Regards

Nigel Rowland
    Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

me too

normally have problems with one not all its a bit concerning, thats why im looking for the support site, i had it in my favorites but cant remember what pc

D

Comment

its ok found it

http://pinbrook.helpserve.com/index.php

Nothing on the news feed about the sites being down though

Comment

OK doing my own digging, this looks bigger than pinbrook, it would appear that the altaire DNS servers are offline, im hoping it is nothing too serious but it dont look good

D

Comment

yeah, all my sites and emails are down. I also notice that the pinbrook help sitedoesn't look entirely healthy either - all the graphics are broken...

Would be nice to get an update though - even if it's just "everythings bu**ered, we have no idea how long it will take to fix". At least then we can take appropriate action...
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              OK doing my own digging, this looks bigger than pinbrook, it would appear that the altaire DNS servers are offline, im hoping it is nothing too serious but it dont look good

D
              yea ours is down too, keep us in the loop if you hear anything

Comment

Back online now, all seems to be working.

Regards

Nigel
                Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by plantsforshade
                  Back online now, all seems to be working.

Regards

Nigel
                  yep ours too

Comment

yep within the last few mins the altaire site came back to

D

Comment

The support desk is hosted in the US by the software provider so should be out of the data centre loop - we did this intentionally.

We have restored services - I will feedback later on via the support desk when we have fully investigated the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B

D
                        The issue was outside our network - Routine maintenance on the US Verizon network last night caused a problem with the route to our network. This has now been resolved and the network is now running correctly.

Comment

how does US feed effect a UK data centre?

I note Altaire is down again as at 19:33 24th Jan, with a resulting loss of all pinbrook hosted sites. If this is a Verizon issue again, then how does a US feed effect a UK data centre. I thought the purpose of the 'net was to be re-routable in an instant and would not be dependant on any single node....

Thank the maker its not in the run up to Xmas.

interestingly, if you go to the http://pinbrook.helpserve.com/ site and see broken images its a good indication that the pinbrokk site (and thus other hosted sites) is down, as the images come from that site not from the helpserve site.

AQnyhow, Jo usually gets most problems sorted quickly, and I guess a major US outage is a bit beyond her and her team. Er, anyone got a spare lear jet? we could send them over to kick some Verizon butt.....
                          Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
                          www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

we're here ... and as you say fairly powerless

the datacentre we host in is located directly on the verizon feed into the UK, this feed is supposed to be 100%. the servers are sweet - but thats no consolation when theres no feed

pinbrook.helpserve.com is hosted in the US - although belatedly i have noticed it is affected by verizon too

Comment

Andy regardless of wether it is pinbrooks fault or not, this is now becoming a joke as far as im concerned.

I regulary lose the sites for what may only be an hour but this month has already totalled over 6 hours

D

Comment

Working...
                              X