How much and who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much and who?

I got started with Actinic mid-2007 and with the help of the forum and various guides I was able to get our website functioning the way I wanted it to function, with pretty positive results in terms of increased sales

Now that I'm happy with the backend I'm starting to think about "cosmetic" type changes. You can have a look at our website at http://www.tamarket.com.au and you can see it's pretty much the basic executive theme with only very minor tweaks. It does the job and I don't think it's too aesthetically displeasing but it's by no means a design sensation!

My problem is that I am a pretty concrete person and lack any kind of imagination - I can judge what looks nice and what doesn't, and am good at tweaking ideas, but when it comes to coming up with the design idea in the first place I'm a complete zero.

So: who is best to go to for just a cosmetic redesign (I'm thinking mainly of the front page only) - a graphic designer or a traditional designer like the designers on the forum? (I know you Actinic designers are au fait with coding issues but I don't know if you also handle aesthetics or if the customers usually come to you already with an idea of how they want things to look)

And secondly: How much should I expect to pay to make the front page prettier? (no other coding work needed, I'm reasonably happy with how things are operating)

Any advice appreciated

Stage one - get a graphic designer to produce a layered psd

Stage 2 - get an actinic developer to code it for you.

Don't only do the front page, allow the design to filtrate to all pages - thats how actinic is designed to work - you apply a template to all pages

Comment

Working...
    X