No announcement yet.

Site Review http://www.funky-cards.co.uk/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed is the present and fluid is the future, mainly driven by such radically different screen sizes at the moment IMO. Unless you convert an actinic site to full CSS including floating sections, i can't imagine an actinic site looking good on 1024 and 1900 or higher. All the 1900 or higher layout would look like is a stretched 1024 layout.

Comment

Hi

It's taken me a while but have now updated the site again and made some changes including the colour. Had some designer friends and developers look at it and have got some good feedback and they are all saying it's better then the last design. So fingers crossed this is now all done.

Thanks again for all your comments and feedback which have been really helpful.

Cheers

Darren
      Darren Tickle
      http://www.funky-cards.co.uk

Greetings cards, and gift wrap for every occasion.

Comment

Very smart Darren. Nice clean lines and no clutter, its the kind of site I'd be happy to navigate around for a good while without being irritated. Not that I'm interested in your particular products but you know what I mean!

I did briefly look the other day and although I can't remember what it looked like, I do remember cringing a little!

Cheers
        Malc
        PS: You owe me one when I launch next week!
        Only taken me a year!
        http://www.kultya.com

Comment

Much better - just sort out your links page as the links are opening in the same window and taking people away from your site. Also links to search engines are a bit naff - better to get some to relevant sites that are of interest to your visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by george
            I'd say the colour scheme is bland.
            Me too.

The 'masthead' needs more 'zing' in my opinion.
            Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thanks for you feedback and will change the links page, one of the pages that I have been meaning to change.

I have been in talks with some contacts I have that design site for large corporate and it seem that have neutral colours is a better option as it focuses the users attention onto the products which is key, I think any way.

Now I have just got to work on the SEO/Marketing side of it.

Cheers

Darren
              Darren Tickle

Comment

It's stretching the recommendation quite a bit to liken a small card website to a large corporate website. You certainly can't throw blanket rules like that across all sectors. If so surely you should be having a team of 6 guys running your website, just like they do?

You need to be in touch with what your target audience are expecting and a happy, bright and vibrant site is surely what majority of your audience would want to see? It doesn't have to be over the top, just inject a bit of life into the site.

Comment

I can see your point, and will try and do something with the masthead but think this is a clean looking layout and makes it easy to navigate around and uses neutral colours.

Darren
                  Darren Tickle

Comment

Nice site

With the low cost of your products I imagine profit is hard to come by, so I would suggest you make a small charge for postage even if its only £0.50 per order it will make a big difference to your income and people will be expecting to pay a small charge

That way you could also offer free postage to purchasers of 5 or more cards at the same time (you may have this already I just had a quick look)
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Perhaps even a minimum order value.

Comment

I feel your images would benefit if you were to change what you sit the cards on when taking photo's, you can see it seems to be a wooden shelf with wallpaper behind, just looks a little homely. How about adding images such as a happy couple tieing the knot on the wedding card section. You could also add a tagline under your logo, maybe something like ...cards for all occasions.
                        www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
                          Nice site

With the low cost of your products I imagine profit is hard to come by, so I would suggest you make a small charge for postage even if its only £0.50 per order it will make a big difference to your income and people will be expecting to pay a small charge

That way you could also offer free postage to purchasers of 5 or more cards at the same time (you may have this already I just had a quick look)
                          Would also encourage a few buyers to add an extra card or two to their order
                          www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Your related items links should really be in blue or at least underlined to indicate they are links - as they are they just look like the rest of the text and people will miss them

Comment

Thanks again for all your input and have made some more changes to the site.

I'm going to look at taking new photos of the product next month as will be adding some new products too. So will try and make it look more non home like .

Cheers

Darren
                              Darren Tickle

Comment

Working...
                              X