A bit stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit stumped

We have a product that we sell very little of and a month or so ago I stuck the price up by a tenner and decided to ignore them until they went.

Today a guy has purchased 6 of them at the OLD price. I can't see how it has happened. I have used 'find' in the catalog and there is one product and one duplicate, both with the new price.

Is it possible that these were left in his cart from over a month ago and he has just completed the order? Or am I going insane?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Cached page or a saved cart i'd expect.

Comment

Saved carts are a pain, allowing folk to order stuff that is now out of stock.

Often wondered if an automated sweep of saved cart cookies (at say, 14 days old, or whatever) would be a good thing for the catalog.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Ta, as long as it's not something I have done wrong. A bit of a bonus, he ordered 6 and we only have 3 in stock so I've just phoned the supplier and the price has dropped from £49.11 when I first got them to £31 now so I've come out of it OK. Nice little earner to end the day.
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Problem is G. that it is their browser and their cookie on their system and you allowed them to save it. You could always take the save cart facility off your site if ever a large issue i guess.

Comment

if you refresh the site rather than uploading it, you will always clear out old cat files that belong to products with old prices. So even if someone has a page cached on their PC if they triy to add to cart Actinic will throw an error - at least thats how i think it works.

I've probably said this befire but now with v8 since you can exclude images from a refresh - doing a routine refresh is a good idea.

Even if you FTPed and removed the cat files and then did an upload you cover the same issue without having to re-upload all the html pages.

I THINK I am correct in saying this.

Comment

I think you're right too Croccy, a prodref change does it also i think.

Comment

Working...
              X