Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 digit colour code

anyone tell me what code it is

Uses 3 digits which may be either or all of letters. numbers and symbols like

;*= which equals Navy

Ô:; Which equals Red

ELž Which equals Royal

Used in a embroidery software package to show and describe colours
    Chris Ashdown

first: those are nonsense characters

the colour code used is actually hex.

They are RGB values. very much like the css colour styling.

but try this to find colours you need and this is a link to a useful pdf containing the rgb to colour name charts.

Cross stitch?

Comment

Thanks Gab

No not cross stitch but embroidery using Stitch&Sew software by Compucon

The software has a number of Maderia thread colours in a table with the colour represented

I was looking to add colours and although I can add the thread number ok, i cannot make out the colour,

here is a small sample

1044/1 ;*= 1243/1 F8X 1143/1 up£ 1075/1 ¦®Ü 1242/1 E>j 1042/1 MLƒ 1074/1 ¸Áá 1133/1 r€Ç 1134/1 ELž 1177/1 6]¬ 1132/1 ¯Àã 1376/1 HUs 1028/1 ?”¶ 1153/1 ÓÚê 1027/1 »ÃÝ 1096/1 Nƒ´ 1296/1 CP‰ 1295/1 <ŠÄ 1094/1 k·Ü 1091/1 @~ 1385/2 u)5 1181/2 Ÿ9; 1147/2 Ô:; 1037/2 Ü<- 1078/2 õjH 1278/2 ùƒ: 1379/2
      This produces a list like

Thread colour Picture of colour
      1044/1 grey or whatever
      1243/1 blue or whatever
      and so on

I can work with hex or rgb etc just this code that flumexed me

ps as the company is greek it may mean different things on a greek keyboard
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

I have experience of a different embroidery software package by Compucon called Compucon Master, but have never come across the weird characters.

I am familiar with the Madeira colour numbering and have Maderia thread charts, but can not help with the weird characters, sorry.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

OK I think its just using EXTENDED ASCII CHARACTERS to replace RGB numbers, I will give it a try and see what happens
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
            ps as the company is greek it may mean different things on a greek keyboard
            I think there's another thread on here at the moment about 56 greeks.......

(Sorry, just lightening the load of a frustrating day.)
            Paul
            Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
            X