• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you be interested
    Sorry Im not from Cornwall

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Leavold
      We can't get the brochure pages to open in DW from Actinic and if you open them directly in DW then register with Actinic it changes all of the Brochure pages.
      This is 100% as things should be, you cannot open specific brochure pages in DW, actinic is for building the pages. You can only open and adjust the templates/layouts in dreamweaver, thus your 3rd mystery is solved on why all pages then change when you do edit in DW as you are changing sitewide templates. I think you need to have a read up and understand the template system a bit more, you are expecting something to happen which simply will not. Dreamweaver is a design interface not a CMS solution, actinic is your CMS solution. Have a read of the brochure page tutorial on my site, it may shed some light on what they are for and more importantly how they work.

A designer from Cornwall or anywhere else cannot give you what you are aiming for as it's not how things work, unless of course i have lost the plot which is entirely possible. If you want to design a site in DW, then do so, you dont need actinic at all.

Comment

Dear Lee, Malcolm, Duncan et al,

Thanks for your input. I have read Lee's tutorial but until I sit down and try to put it into practice I don't think I will fully understand it. My problem is that I don't have the time to devote to that and I will have to hire someone to do it for me. I jumped into Debi's thread because we seemed to be in a similar situation.

I don't want to hire someone who will first have to learn Actinic, I think Debi and I both need someone on hand who can give our sites a Spring-clean.

Fancy a busman's holiday in Cornwall anyone?

Cheers.
        Leo

Comment

this gets harder and harder now you have to drive a bus as well as live in Cornwall !!!!!!!

Comment

It's easy - you can do it with your eyes shut. Well maybe not!
            Leo

Comment

To be honest you don't need anyone in Cornwall (or Devon for that matter ), the vast majority of actinic design work is done remotely.

at worst you could insist on a face to face meeting, but i've got a feeling that i am not alone when i say i have physically met about 2% of my clients.

Comment

I think most design companies work nationally and are the same Jo. All a face to face meeting does is increase the overall project cost, although i can see how some people like this. Personally, i'm more interested in the right company for the job, not the nearest. Getting the nearest and the right company all in one package is a pipe dream IMO.

Comment

this gets harder and harder now you have to drive a bus as well as live in Cornwall !!!!!!!
                  its worse than that, my nephew used to have a bottle water franchise business, his patch was Devon/Cornwall, in the summer he could never get his deliveries done as he spent most of his days in traffic - when the traffic died down so did the shops he was trying to deliver to close for the day - no win situation

Comment

I guess the business 'dried up' then?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                      i've got a feeling that i am not alone when i say i have physically met about 2% of my clients.
                      I've actually met less than that of mine... You'd think they would want to come here too.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You'd think they would want to come here too
                        Its all that sand Bill it gets everywhere - the stuff you sent me is still all over the house

Comment

Working...
                        X