Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online SQL Database Plug-In for Actinic

Hi all

Gabriel at Interact Studios has developed a great plug-in for transferring your store data to an online database, which I think many of you will find very useful. You'll find some details below...

###############
    Now you can upload your shop data to an online SQL database, giving your customers the flexibility that they need from an ecommerce website. This addon is on a per site basis. You'll need to purchase one license for each additional website.

This addon, once installed sends your orders and customer data online, every time you upload. The upload can also be triggered without uploading, if your shop takes a long time to update. Update your online database in seconds, not minutes.

You can then develop your own systems on top of this data. Essential data related to your customers orders can be used on a php, or aspx script, to provide a number of services.

For example:
    - A customer management suite
    - Allow your customers to log in and check their order status
    - Create mailing and address list software

Are you a software developer that wants to use this addon in your software. shoot us an email to support@interact-studio.co.uk now, to discuss bulk discount licensing.
    #################

URL: - http://interact-studio.co.uk/acatalo...Connector.html

Just a quick thought on this, i wonder if Interact Studios will be developing the customer management suite in addition to simply creating the tool to upload the data to a MySql database which will most likely not help most users of Actinic.

Comment

i'll be selling the plugin to both end users that want to develop the data into something useful, and in bulk, at reduced cost, to developers who want to write code and use the data in their own applications.

We will of course be creating applications that take advantage of this data.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
        We will of course be creating applications that take advantage of this data.
        Yes - we will!
        Some very interesting applications will come about because of this plug-in...... watch this space!
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

This is one of the most anticipating releases for us by a long stretch

Gabe, we will need to purchase a licence from you even if we want to use the utilities that other provide that have this one as a basis or would we get the licence through them?

Fergus when do you expect to have yours ready?

P.S. is this compatible with V7 (or V9)

Comment

This is one of the most anticipating releases for us by a long stretch
            yes, you're right.

Gabe, we will need to purchase a licence from you even if we want to use the utilities that other provide that have this one as a basis or would we get the licence through them?
            This is middleware. every customer that wants to use this data will have to buy this tool, to upload their data. Dont worry, the price is very low. As a developer, you can contact me off the community, and i'll arrange a method for you to develop your application, with real data. Just include the cost of the addon, in your site development cost. People who use the data dont have to pay anything.

Fergus when do you expect to have yours ready?
            Fergus has a room full of geeks working on this madness (i'm guessing)

P.S. is this compatible with V7 (or V9)
            Very interesting question. It'll take me till the end of the day, to be able to tell you.

Of course, if this data can be extracted from V7, this basically means the doors are open for 'best sellers' and 'new items' for those ailing V7 people. The problem is however, that V7 has not got PHP script enabled. It's going to be a real pig to get that working.

Comment

Brief testing means I can confirm a version that works with V7.

V8/9 will come first, then a V7 solution will be added.

Comment

this is what many people expected of v9 IMO

Comment

Missing features aside, there is a solution now, so i'm sure we'll see some good things coming soon.

Comment

I'm just wondering if it is posisble to get more product data in to a MySql database which could amoungst other things be potentially used with further php modifications for real time stock control which would be a god send but also things such as wish lists, email me when item is in stock etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ginnys Attic
                      I'm just wondering if it is posisble to get more product data in to a MySql database which could amoungst other things be potentially used with further php modifications for real time stock control which would be a god send but also things such as wish lists, email me when item is in stock etc
                      I am investigating products right now.

No, real time stock control is in the hands of perl and the cgi-bin. I doubt that this can lead to a realtime stock control mechanism.

I have already worked on wish lists and reviews. It is currently in development on the interact website.

look for the bar at the top of some pages, user: guest pass: guest. You'll need to refresh the page to see changes in the layout.

Comment

This plugin is a great little trick, and i can see loads of mileage in this, just waiting for the addons so i can part with my cash

Comment

OK quick tips for anyone trying this, if you have an extrememly large database with a lot of orders then it will take a while to upload the DB

working on an DB of around 160mb took around 45minutes, now this obviously depends on you upload speeds to populate the sql db.

No a wish has been made before about actinic archiving old orders, and to be honest i really need to clean my DB never really bothered because i have never had the need to, well until now and lets say there is ermmm over 5 years worth of orders.

But i wait in anticipated breath for the plugins to Gabes great tool, Fergus

D

Comment

he's right. and its a problem that will plague people with large amounts of orders.

As of two days ago too, the sync tool also uploads product data. This is an additional overhead, if you select this data. But its also something that you can use in your online tools.

I have found that under 1000 products and about 2000 orders in your database is quite fast, and uploads in about 30 seconds, on a bad day

Comment

Bravo for innovation

At last...a potential solution to large inventories.

Must dig out my copy of Actinic from the trash can

Massive congratulations to all concerned.
                              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X