Nice new Dell Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice new Dell Monitor

I became fed up with constantly having to scroll sideways when using Actinic, so splashed out an a 24" monitor.
    It's a Dell 2407WFP-HC, the HC referring to high colour.

I just wanted to mention for anyone who may be looking for a 24" in the future - the quality of this monitor is extraordinarily high.
    We've been using Dell 20" LCD's which up to now I've found extremely good - sharp, fast etc. But this HC is in another league - the colour is so detailed I'm seeing colours and detail in all sorts of things like images, icons, web pages that simply weren't visible before.
    And as sharp as a sharp thing.

Highly recommended.
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

What did you pay Sean and where from, sounds like a little beauty.

Comment

I went the other way, purchased a couple of extra 19" monitors, joined them together and wrapped them around the field of vision - got an absolutely fantastic massive desktop
      you can now do this off a laptop with USB-VGA adapters (also USB-DIGI) adapters for highend equipment
      so I have a laptop with a 19" monitor on the left and another on the right, with th elaptop in the centre, all plugged into the usb2 ports - its not designed for playing games, but brilliant for databases, webdesign, spreads, emails etc.

just don't think that all the other people are going to see the clarity you have on your nice new monitor

Comment

just don't think that all the other people are going to see the clarity you have on your nice new monitor
        this does make me wonder if we ought to be beefing up images a tad.

At the mo i tend to have product images at 125x125px at 5-8 k and larger images 400x400 at 25-30k all with 72dpi

in order to future proof does anyone have and idea on better image compression?

Comment

I've just bought a dell xps laptop which uses the same hc screen and as you say its soooooooo much better.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            What did you pay Sean and where from, sounds like a little beauty.
            A big beauty Lee!
            I sourced it here
            http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=653472

They had it at IT Clear for less, but they are out of stock
            http://www.itcsales.co.uk/acatalog/2..._Displays.html
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              I've just bought a dell xps laptop which uses the same hc screen and as you say its soooooooo much better.
              We're doing similar things to Malcolm - I'm chuffed
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie
                so I have a laptop with a 19" monitor on the left and another on the right, with th elaptop in the centre, all plugged into the usb2 ports - its not designed for playing games, but brilliant for databases, webdesign, spreads, emails etc.
                Wow - that sounds brill. Now that we have a spare screen or two, I may well give that a go - thanks for helping me think out of the box a bit.

BTW - my son works for Citrix systems - he has a cockpit of 4 x 20"'s and is about to add two of the 24"'s - madness
                Kind Regards
                Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Been using a Dell 24" for about a year now, and they are brilliant (we run it off a Sony laptop using extended desktop). We managed to tweak the quality even further by using this test page, which should be self explanatory:

http://www.techmind.org/lcd/phasing.html

If your screen is not set up properly you will see a mass of moving "interference patterns" instead of the steady grey grid patterns.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

just been looking at the 30in version and the price has dropped dramatically since I last looked. May be time to upgrade.

Comment

Where was that Mal? Still over a grand on the Dell website.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

they were over 3 grand this time last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X