Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Catalogue on CD

Hi there

We're looking to put our product range on an interactive CDrom and I'm looking for a bit of advise.

My 'vision' is that the CD would auto run with a Main Menu appearing with clickable buttons to take the customer to the different sections of our product range.

I'd also like to incorporate a printable price list perhaps as a pdf file that they can click on launching their print menu.

I'm just wondering whether anyone can suggest a programme that I could use to create the interactive files etc.

I'm using Photoshop to create the buttons, graphics and pdfs but don't know I create the 'bones' of the catalogue where a customer would click on the button to take them to the corresponding folder/document.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

hi you an follow this thread here to put you rwhole site on cd rom

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34462
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Thank you I'll take a look at that thread.
      I did do a quick search but I think I must've mis-typed as nothing appeared

Comment

Going off slightly.

We now want to produce CD, not related to our website catalogue, containing printable craft sheets for crafters to print off and use at their leisure.

Can anyone suggest a programme that we could use, if such a thing exists, that would enable our customers to click on an icon and be taken to a pdf printable eg Main Menu> Background Papers > Blossom. I've attached an image of a 'menu' page for the proposed CD which was created using Photoshop.

If it's going to be too complicated, and at the risk of appearing really dense, what sort of company should I be contacting to get them to produce the CD for us.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

You can do this in HTML. Create a web page(s) with the links that link to the pdfs on the CD (relative URLs). You can then easily add any formatting text etc etc that want. You can make the CD autorun the HTML 'start' page in the PCs default browser - search the internet for how to create an autoplay CD.

Here's a link that will help:
          http://autorun.moonvalley.com/

Comment

You can also add a menu to a PDF document if you create such a document containing all the pages you want, using Adobe Acrobat (standard, not the free reader). You could also place this document on-site for download.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thank you Duncan and Mark for your help.

It never dawned on me about using html to link to a file/document rather than a web page. Mention html and I automatically think internet

I must learn to think outside of the box more.

Thanks again.

Hayley

Comment

Working...
              X