Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Excel Spreadsheet?

Hi

I would like to save an excel spreadsheet online (somewhere within the web folders for www.kjbeckett.com) so that multiple people can access, update and save it from anywhere on the web.

There shouldn't be a problem with mutitple users because it won't be used alot.

Is this possible?

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

How about using Google Documents and sharing the file to only specified persons.

Comment

How about using Google Documents and sharing the file to only specified persons.
      Hi, good suggestion...but it didn't quite do what I needed it to do. Unfortuantely I have dropdown lists in my spreadsheet and as soon it gets uploaded to Google Documents the automatic drop-down list formulas dissappear.

Would there be any reason why I couldn't simply save the .xls document somewhere on my website host/server and access it directly, amend, and save onto the server?

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Men's Clothing & Accessories
      Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
      Bath, England
      Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

If you had windows hosting you could configure webDav/Web Folders and pop the Excel file there.
        Alternatively you can simply use explorer to open an FTP window in explorer to access a folder online where the excel file is.

Either method requires a degree of opening/downloading file, amending file, then saving/uploading file.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Don't forget to consider the security of allowing 'other people' to upload files to your webspace.

Comment

Don't forget to consider the security of allowing 'other people' to upload files to your webspace.
            create a separate ftp acct for users of the spreadsheet only to get better security and only allow access to the location of the file

Comment

Havent had a chance to check out the full functionality yet but Office now have Office live workspace which you can register for here:

http://workspace.officelive.com/?lc=2057

Regards
              Jon
              www.designtoplease.co.uk
              www.getmeoutofahole.com
              www.toys4james.co.uk
              Located in Herts

Comment

Working...
              X