Laptop Spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jont
    You know you now have to find a model you can surf down the stairs with you on top don't you?
    You've heard of Extreme Ironing, perhaps it's time for Extreme Actinic'ing

People could send in snaps of the most ridiculous places to manage store and process orders from.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I was managing SurfWax from the Kruger National Park last year, is that extreme enough? Sat in a rondavel with lions and wild dogs a few 100 yards away.

a few days prior to that i was sat in the 18th floor of my apt block in Durban messing on my laptop when we had an earthquake.

Comment

ive updated mine from the side of a motorway at a national transmission station

that any good ?
        Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
        Current project:
        cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
        cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
        Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Windows alternative to the ASUS EEE PC ?

Because I need windows, having little technical wizardry, and wanted a laptop with a 7" screen for emails, www and emergency actinic use whilst away from work, i came across these two;

Belinea S Book 1 UMPC
          http://www.supergps.co.uk/belinea-bo...Y3OT-AyCY9p4z&

Vye Mini V Ultra S18B
          http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Vye_M...8B/version.asp

Any opinions

Comment

tYne vhs has some pretty good write ups and was in my top 5 when looking

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete
              Because I need windows, having little technical wizardry, and wanted a laptop with a 7" screen for emails, www and emergency actinic use whilst away from work, i came across these two;

Belinea S Book 1 UMPC
              http://www.supergps.co.uk/belinea-bo...Y3OT-AyCY9p4z&

Vye Mini V Ultra S18B
              http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Vye_M...8B/version.asp

Any opinions
              ASUS also do a windows version.

Comment

I couldn't find anyone selling the ASUS windows version though

I'd read that it was due out though.

Anybody seen one advertised?

Comment

Link for info is here:
                  http://eeepc.asus.com/global/news03052008.htm
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I love those little asus machines, so compact minimal and useful!
                    A beautiful selection of gourmet gift baskets.

Comment

The eeepc seems too ironic to be real. Seriously, a laptop designed to be small enough for 'on the move' guys (and girls), just like - you guessed it, on the fly meals from McDonald's - which, coincidentally, will make make you grossly obese to the extent that you can no longer manage those tiny little keys on the keyboard. Pretty screwed now, huh?

I just got a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a couple of the Dell upgrades installed, 4gb of ram (haven't physically used more than 1gb), Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz with the 250gb RAID drives. Pretty sure they don't offer that CPU with this system anymore, I think it was only as some form of Special Edition when it was first launched. Luckily, the day my old laptop decided to kick the bucket, Dell had a £180 off deal on this machine, throw in a 10% off voucher they sent the business, and that £840 laptop was down to £500, which in the end, minus VAT, only cost around £415. And it's fantastic - and runs Actinic Business Plus (~1000 unique products) like a dream, (if that'll ever be possible!) along with a few other programs in the background with no lag at all. Unlike my old machine, P4 2.8 HT with 1gb of ram, that ran Actinic Business v8 like a zimmer frame.

Ah, and then there's the Vista issue. Within an hour of my machine being out the box it was loaded with XP Pro from my old laptop. Just make sure the components of your new laptop are XP-compatible (like when Dell said to me "this machine will not work with XP" - hey, who's laughing now?

So, for me, it's a big thumbs up for the Dell Inspiron 1720

Comment

Working...
                      X