The AUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AUG

There is a large area next to the logo in the forum to put some more useful areas I feel. If we cannot have another link included up there which points to the AUG download pages, can it replace the KB button instead? I think the AUG is most people's friend, far more than the KB, yet the KB gets the sunshine.

Or at least link to all the relevant documents in the KB. They ought to be there shouldn't they?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

yes bring on the KB, although i would like to be one AUG combinedfor 8 and 9 as most things will fit all. Otherwise it will bea real pain having to trawl 2 AUGs for stuff

Comment

I certainly agree it's a pain Croccy, however long term it may present a problem if V9 gets more advanced and does things V8 cannot, people will be adding V9 into V8 sites etc. Although it is a pain, I think it's probably best separate IMO. What we don't want is V7 stuff getting added into V9, that will really throw us .

Comment

I don't think I have ever used the kb but read the aug all the time. I agree with lee we do need a direct link to the aug on the forum and for it to be kept for each version to avoid any confusion. Ditch the big kb button and replace with simple links to kb and aug versions. Many people don't even know the aug exists because it it so well hidden

Comment

At the moment we are just putting the finishing touches to a new knowledge base which includes all the Advanced User Guide articles, and where everyone can send in suggest knowledge base articles and suggest changes to existing ones.

So in many ways the advanced user guide will soon be obselete, but we'll probably keep it maintained during v9's lifetime and then make a decision when it's time for v10.

Comment

Scoop, sounds good, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                At the moment we are just putting the finishing touches to a new knowledge base
                Sounds great Chris - can't wait to see it. On-line KB/AUG combined will mean the forum can link to it for all manner of answers, and any answers that are not on there can be added, for future linking, I assume?

I am hoping a good search engine facility will be part of this as well?
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

when it's time for v10.

Quickly checks date for April Fools day (not wanting to get caught out twice).

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
                    Quickly checks date for April Fools day
                    It must be.... most software vendors go from v9 to X .. as it sounds sexier and a worthwhile upgrade.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                    X