Actinic Knowledge Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Knowledge Base

I turn my back for a second and the new knowledge base is up and running.

Did I miss a broadcast or post about this?
    Some interesting new features on it including a better search and submit new articles.....
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

dunno if there's been an announcement (probably not!) but I have noticed that announcements don't appear in the 'New Posts' list so, unless you actually visit a particular forum, you don't see them if you're a 'new posts' user
    Tracey

Comment

looks hopeful...

a decent KB makes me happy on a Friday

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
        a decent KB makes me happy on a Friday
        A half-day, sun shining, cool beer and a decent on-shore breeze (kiting) would do it for me
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Hi Fergus,

Well done, looks like you were the first to find the new knowledge base . We've been reviewing it internally over the last week, thinking no-one really looked at the old one, and were due to announce it this afternoon ... but you beat us to it! Hope you like the new features. Looking forward to seeing some new articles over the next few weeks.
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
            Did I miss a broadcast or post about this?
            Funnily enough CBarling appears on the forum and then 5 mins later a sticky appears about the KB .... good to see he still wields the axe down there

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Funnily enough CBarling appears on the forum
              I must have missed that. It was TraceyG that let me know our secret was out of the bag
              Ben Popplestone
              Ecommerce website software

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                A half-day, sun shining, cool beer and a decent on-shore breeze (kiting) would do it for me
                HaHa I just moved to Westward Ho! Best kite location in the west! and the only town in Europe with !

Comment

Hi all

The knowledge base is still in beta technically - I might change the logo image to include a 'beta' message - so if you do find any problems, please report them here or send an email to cdicken /at/ actinic/co/uk.

Comment

Welcome back Chris. As the KB is still in BETA does that mean that you are looking for community members to trial for you actively, or is it being BETA tested elsewhere and the BETA status is more a notice to the community that it might not work 100%?

Incidentally, how was Snowdonia?
                    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
                      Hi all

The knowledge base is still in beta technically - I might change the logo image to include a 'beta' message - so if you do find any problems, please report them here or send an email to cdicken /at/ actinic/co/uk.
                      here, everything is a beta, even the letters in the alphabet arent fully tested.

Comment

the BETA status is more a notice to the community that it might not work 100%?
                        There are always going to be teething troubles in any new thing like the knowledge base. We're aware of most of them, but in case we miss any, please let us know about them rather than assume we already do. So it's not really a beta - it's a full release that's had lots of internal testing - but it's also brand new.

Incidentally, how was Snowdonia?
                        Great thanks - I had great weather (other than being caught in a thunderstorm on top of Tryfan and having to slither down lots of boulders to get down quickly!). And for the record, I both walked up and down Snowdon - piece of cake

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
                          There are always going to be teething troubles in any new thing like the knowledge base. )

Looks like a Job for Darren
                          Chris Ashdown

Comment

i notice that you can post suggested kb articles.

will this be policed and monitored? i frequently feel pangs of exciting code and would love a place to share them in an orderly fashion.

perhaps some guidelines as to what qualifies as a KB item, to save people wasting time posting junk?

Comment

The posting thing basically works by someone submitting a question, and us checking it, categorising it and publishing it.

The only guidelines are 'if it's useful, it's in'. Having said that we've already had people sending us support queries via the 'Submit an Article' form. How odd...

Comment

Working...
                              X