SPL Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPL Mystery

I noticed this a few days ago and my Dad noticed today, so i am not being stupid. In the SPL there are 12 teams, yet each team has played 38 games, how on earth does that work out, anyone know?

Good one Lee!
    Maybe they use different calulators up there?

Comment

they dont just play twich each team

they have a weird fixture schedule

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames View Post
        ...they have a weird fixture schedule
        That's for sure. I presume they play some teams twice yet other teams only once.

Comment

Each team gets to play every other team 3 times. 1 home and 2 away or visa-versa.
          After 33 games the SPL do a funky "2nd phase split" of the league into 2 groups of 6 teams. Each team then plays a further 5 games BUT ONLY from the top 6 or the bottom 6 teams, depending on which group they lie in at this point.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

i knew there was a reasonable explanation

Comment

Kinell what a setup, thanks for clarifying anyway. So you could play a team 3 times at home and once away in any season. So they create 2 leagues to let the plebs fight it out and let rangers and celtic see if they can beat the other 4 - i can see the appeal kind of.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                Kinell what a setup, thanks for clarifying anyway. So you could play a team 3 times at home and once away in any season. So they create 2 leagues to let the plebs fight it out and let rangers and celtic see if they can beat the other 4 - i can see the appeal kind of.
                They normally arrange the fixtures around a priority listing based on position so Rangers and Celtic normally get preferential treatment and they get 2 home and 2 away. It then filters down the league according to importance etc so the better the team the more change of a 2 home 2 away rather than a 1 home 3 away.
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

The "Big Two" also get some preferential fixture treatment over the "Old Firm" derby with some fixed dates e.g. New Year's Day Old Firm Derby is a "firm" favourite!

Eeek! I don't even follow football anymore! :0
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Just a quick note to confirm the SPL did indeed win Celtic this years title

Comment

Working...
                    X