actinic support contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic support contract

hi, i have just received a phone call from actinic telling me that last year we have underpaid our subscription by about six months, we have had this cover for over two years and pay so much by direct debit a month, Actinic have told me they have worked out the figure wrong and i should have paid more, they now want to back date it and charge me the additional.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    As far as i am aware for the last two years we have paid x amount per month and that should be it. The last couple of months payment shave gone astray as we moved bank and actinic did not update their end despite a letter from our new bank with a change of direct debit mandate. i do not mind paying these months obviously as it was a change of bank account, but a previous years cover!

I know have to wade through the last 12 months bank statements to find out what we have paid and what they want.
    Treasure Island Sweets

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
    they have worked out the figure wrong and i should have paid more, they now want to back date it and charge me the additional
    If they quoted you a price that is the price you pay - if they have now spotted they quoted incorrectly surely any increase should be from now and not back dated? The money for the months when the bank details changed obviously needs paying by you as it is owed. I would dig out the original agreement and show them you have been paying the amount asked in good faith.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Legally, I'd say it depends if they quoted incorrectly, or whether they quoted the correct price, but set up the direct debit incorrectly (for less than they quoted).
      In the first instance, they haven't a leg to stand on, in the second, I'd say you (from a legal standpoint) owe them the money.

From a customer PR standpoint, whichever the scenario, I'd say they'd be better off just writing off any loss of revenue as their own error!

If your using V9, you could of course counter with - I have actually overpaid, as the software isn't actually ready yet

Comment

Move to Austria and grow a moustache, they'll never find you.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          Move to Austria and grow a moustache, they'll never find you.
          Move to Australia and wear a vest, they'll never find you.

Bikster

Comment

will. let you know how it goes, i have just received a excel file from actinic with a breakdown of monthly costs, we are in talks as they say.
            Kind Regards
            Wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

hi, i am pleased to say this has now been resolved and actinic have been very helpful. the short of it is actinic had a new system in place and i was on the old manual system, something went wrong at their end but they have sorted it out now and we are both happy.
              Kind Regards
              Wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Wesley

Just a query, I was wondering, if with around here more sweet shops are offering the old sweets for sale over and above their traditional mars bars and their like, If it was hitting you in sales or just helping the whole market in sweets (more choices)
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

well our sales are up, we do have of regular customers and having a real sweet shop helps!
                  We set up about five years ago on-line, back then there were only two others,at last count there were about 100, we do get offers from other websites that are selling up. We are not the cheapest but we do offer good service and quality products.
                  The problem is sweets sound nice, but in reality they are heavy, costly to post and stock control is always an issue. Sweets are always changing and come in and out of stock daily, plus there is no hurry with suppliers, most shut down this time of year for holidays!
                  If you look on ebay there are sites selling sweets at such a low price it is not worth while being in business, i suppose for some its just extra income like a car boot sale.
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Wesley, I could have written every bit of that myself!
                    But....we're both still in business and growing, eh?
                    So we must be doing something right
                    Tracey

Comment

i hope so, lunch time now and no sweets for me, do you know i received a big box of samples today but there's not much in there i fancy, apart from a huge chocolate cigar which i am saving for a special day!
                      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

mmm..samples..
                        ok, I'm in the wrong business
                        *looks up setting up a chocolate store online*
                        hehe
                        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
                          huge chocolate cigar
                          pwnage! you can pretend to be Hannibal from the A-Team, but more chocolatey.

Comment

We receive "parcels" from Swizzels Mattlow as we supply Mr M from the second half of the equation. The whole office buzzes for a week from teeth rotting fun

Bikster

Comment

Wesley

Great to hear that a good site like yours can beat the competition.

Must say I like the idea of samples
                              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                              X