It's quiet here at 3h30am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quiet here at 3h30am

Seeing as I had to get up early this morning (to take my daughter to school to catch the bus for a day outing to France) I thought I'd have a quick look at the forum - very quiet - even Lee seemed to be in bed - and apparently Jan hadn't got up yet either it seemed!

Why is this forum so adictive?

the forum is adictive cos were naturally nosey

or our thrist for knowledge is that great??
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

It is the comforting reassurance of seeing everyone's avatar... like a comfort blanket

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I was firmly tucked up and asleep. Although even when i'm awake at those times, i don't visit here as it is empty and has nothing new to read. I think web design/running a shop can be a lonely existence and i guess in 'online' terms it's the closest you can get to sitting with some friends. It should be renamed though - Forum aka 'the heroin'.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
          even Lee seemed to be in bed
          His spam-bot must have been down... he has it programmed with "RTFM" and "Upgrade to v9"

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            closest you can get to sitting with some friends
            Tragic but true

Bikster

Comment

I'm only just up today ... too tired, must go back to sleep :-)
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have to admit I find it rather similar to some kind of interactic RPG.

Your mission: to seek enlightenment in the mysterious powers of Actinic and spread the word to the unenlightened masses.

To survive you must:

- tread carefully through the great minefields of personal opinions.
                - avoid the seductive sirens for they will lure you from your true path.
                - close your eyes against the mermaids or be smitten and lose all powers of objectivity.
                - listen carefully to the Royal Peacemaker for only he speaks the real truth.
                - pass silently through the Moors of Mysql. They are inhabited by strange people who collect shrunken heads.
                - worry not in the Plains of PHP for the folk there are more rational.
                - enjoy the wit of the jesters for they maketh the day.
                - banter with the Lady of the Gin but pass quickly for that path can only lead to insanity
                - Keep your peace around the goblins. They know not what they do.
                - be friends with fellow pilgrims for only together can you succeed.

I'm sure I probably missed a few.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                  Tragic but true
                  indeed..

and I'm pmsl at Mike's reply
                  Bravo, Mike!
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                    I have to admit I find it rather similar to some kind of interactic RPG.

Your mission: to seek enlightenment in the mysterious powers of Actinic and spread the word to the unenlightened masses.

To survive you must:

- tread carefully through the great minefields of personal opinions.
                    - avoid the seductive sirens for they will lure you from your true path.
                    - close your eyes against the mermaids or be smitten and lose all powers of objectivity.
                    - listen carefully to the Royal Peacemaker for only he speaks the real truth.
                    - pass silently through the Moors of Mysql. They are inhabited by strange people who collect shrunken heads.
                    - worry not in the Plains of PHP for the folk there are more rational.
                    - enjoy the wit of the jesters for they maketh the day.
                    - banter with the Lady of the Gin but pass quickly for that path can only lead to insanity
                    - Keep your peace around the goblins. They know not what they do.
                    - be friends with fellow pilgrims for only together can you succeed.

I'm sure I probably missed a few.

Mike
                    Mike: you need to get out more. I sell this sort of stuff and even I don't talk like that. (Very funny, though)

Comment

Mike, you've resurfaced, was it a 6 week holiday or you been doing some work?

PS - very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                        ... starting a process of elimination on who this is referring to......

Bikster

Comment

CraftyJoy is my guess, only mention of Gin i've ever read.

Comment

Mike, you've resurfaced, was it a 6 week holiday or you been doing some work?
                            Only one weeks holiday, plus a week to catch up on orders.

Mike: you need to get out more.
                            Very true. Probably applies to all of us.

Originally Posted by olderscot

... starting a process of elimination on who this is referring to......
                            There can only be one and we all know who that is.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gin that be lee then

Comment

Working...
                              X