Rogue Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Order?

Strange one this. I've just had a customer on the phone with a "where's my order" question.

I couldn't find his name on the system, but he confirmed that he had the order email and that the money had been taken from his account. The order doesn't exist on Actinic. I've checked by date, name, postcode. Not a trace. I checked the order was definitely with us (I've had that before) and he says yes.

By this time I'm wondering what's going on and it turns the order number on his email is xxxxxx10000001.

I Looked on the secpay system and sure enough, his payment is there. In the end I did a refund as he needed the stuff to arrive today and he'll need to go and buy it elsewhere.

This is the first time I've seen this happen in 6 or 7 years of using actinic. I'm not expecting anything to be done about it as it's on V6, but it is strange and thought people should know it can happen. Everything after that order has gone through smoothly so I guess there must have been a glitch somewhere.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

I had a PayPal payment with an order number reference, but I couldn't find the matching order anywhere in Actinic. Curiously, the customer never complained. I sent them an email but didn't get a reply.

Comment

same being reported here

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37700

looks like new behaviour to me

Comment

I eventually worked out my problem on this one.

I have a V8 website in development on another domain in preparation for the move to V9 and the order was placed on there.

It looks as if my robots.txt got lost somewhere and Google's been busy indexing the whole thing. They've now removed it from the index and I've suspended ordering (which also breaks the layout - hey ho).

I really must get on and finish the new products and content.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
          I eventually worked out my problem on this one.
          Not the most obvious of places to start looking - well done Sherlock! Glad you figured it out - you can sleep easy again now (other than the duplicate content, broken layouts etc )

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If I'd done any work on it in the last month I'm sure it would have struck me sooner.

Flippin Google gets everywhere though. No links or anything and it was already ranking 4th on a two keyword search.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
              already ranking 4th on a two keyword search
              You should market yourself as an SEO Guru .... proves how much Google likes fresh content.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

proves how much Google likes fresh content.
                Definitely. I'm sure it would have dropped down pretty quickly or ended up in the sandbox before too long.

It didn't take them long to remove it though. I just had to verify the site, upload the robots.txt and ask them to remove it and within a few hours it was gone from the index.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X