Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blogs

Anyone got any recent info as to what Google thinks of Blogs (read some stuff on forum but seems to be few years old). We have just got a new puppy and are thinking of doing a "puppy blog" on our website which of course will not only include loads of stuff about the new "product tester" will of course have some pictures and links to products that the puppy is using!

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Go for it. Try and get links in to it as well. Certainly can't do any harm. You could also make a few videos (with your website link in of course) and upload them to YouTube.

Comment

Google is going off blogs as they have been abused for promoting websites by spamers

Comment

Their hay-day is possibly gone due to spammers - who now are targeting social networks - as with most things if done right they will be a good addition to your site and they are a great way for getting new content to your site with the minimum of fuss. As well as Google you also have your visitors who would most likely love to see the new puppy growing up.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

new content to your site
          make sure the blog is hosted on your server to get max gain

Comment

But where should the blog 'sit' ?

www.mysite.com/blog.htm

or www.blog.mysite.com

Comment

It has been suggested (can't find where I read it now) that blogs which provide false and/or overly enthusiastic "product reviews" might fall foul of the new consumer regulations:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37338

(not that I'm suggeting that this is what you had in mind)

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Blogs are a bit yesterday now - although if you use them with the sole purpose of informing your visitors rather than hopes of increased seo then they are still worth doing.

Comment

But where should the blog 'sit'
                  In Kathys case - the cat litter tray

PS Kathy - tell Steve my 7s been rear ended

Comment

Ok thanks everyone - all points considered - think will go ahead with blog - it's not really for SEO at all that was doing it - more to keep everyone informed of the new puppy's progress - and if it can help with few sales (as of course she will be playing with lots of toys!) then great - but more information value than anything else.

Kathy
                    Kathy Newman

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                      In Kathys case - the cat litter tray

LOL - shame I don't have the puppy tray at the moment!

PS Kathy - tell Steve my 7s been rear ended
                      Oh eck - what you been up to then?

Kathy
                      Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
                      X