Cordless phone compatible with BT Featureline Compact service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordless phone compatible with BT Featureline Compact service

We need to replace one of our phones. We have 2 lines and the BT Featureline Compact service, and this gives us the ability to transfer calls from line 1 to line 2 and vice versa. What we'd like is a cordless phone for line 2, so we can transfer the call from line 1 to the cordless and then go for a wander round the stock as the customer ums and ahs about colour/print rather than have to bring the box to the phone or run back and forth like a yoyo whilst the customer decides.

Does anyone know of a suitable phone/can sell me one? (I have tried getting a response from BT but all I have had so far is an email dated last week acknowledging the fact I'd like to talk to them about it, and a second email acknowledging the fact I sent an email to say I am annoyed no-one has contacted me)
    Thanks
    Miranda Stamp
    Twinkle Twinkle
    www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
    Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Originally posted by Miranda Stamp View Post
    Does anyone know of a suitable phone/can sell me one? (I have tried getting a response from BT but all I have had so far is an email dated last week acknowledging the fact I'd like to talk to them about it, and a second email acknowledging the fact I sent an email to say I am annoyed no-one has contacted me)
    Thanks
    Try this link for advice from BT
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=16111

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Doesn't any phone work? You just need to remember to dial a 9 for outgoing calls.

Or even easier, buy a two way plug and plug the cordless phone into line 1. Then you can just pick up the cordless phone and put the other one down.

Or even easier, do what I do and use the cordless phone for all your calls on line 1.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Any phone should work, we use Panasonic cordless on both lines 1 and 2 of our featureline setup.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

we've just bought our fifth "bt elements" cordless phone, dect compatible, but more important, it's range is 1000m - thats about twice as good as normal dect phones. we've tried it, and the range is much better than a normal phone.

its worth hunting, I've got all off ebay and pay just £29 for the unit, less than half of the rrp

Don't bother with the dual, triple's etc, they are far too expensive, just stick with the singles and make sure its not "an extra one" that makes a double into a treble if you know what I mean.

if you can't find it on ebay, PM me, and I'll give you an ebay number you can track the seller, he actually put another four on for me recently because I couldn't find them at that great price.

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
            Thanks Malcolm, I saw that and thought goodie I like Panasonic DECT phones, I'll buy one of those from Argos. However it doesn't appear to have a button to put the call on hold so you can transfer to the other phone line (not the other phone if I had 2 phones on the one line, I wanted to transfer to the other phone line completely) So I rang Panasonic and they said no it was not compatible and I couldn't transfer to another line. Thus I rang BT to ask which phones I'd be able to transfer to the other line. I was on permanent hold for half an hour so I sent an email through their site. All I get is acknowledgement emails to my emails complaining no-one has contacted me.
            Miranda Stamp
            Twinkle Twinkle
            Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie View Post
              we've just bought our fifth "bt elements" cordless phone, dect compatible, but more important, it's range is 1000m - thats about twice as good as normal dect phones. we've tried it, and the range is much better than a normal phone.

its worth hunting, I've got all off ebay and pay just £29 for the unit, less than half of the rrp

Don't bother with the dual, triple's etc, they are far too expensive, just stick with the singles and make sure its not "an extra one" that makes a double into a treble if you know what I mean.

if you can't find it on ebay, PM me, and I'll give you an ebay number you can track the seller, he actually put another four on for me recently because I couldn't find them at that great price.
              If you can transfer calls from one line (not phone - I can do that already, what I want to do is free the phone by the computer for outgoing calls if someone is off round the warehouse looking at stock) to the other then can you send me the link please (not quite sure what I'm looking for)
              Miranda Stamp
              Twinkle Twinkle

Comment

according to a bt document
                You don’t need any new equipment to use these great features as they’re all programmed on your line from the BT exchange. What you will need to remember is to dial “9” prior to making an external call.
                they also say
                You can probably use your existing phones, though special Featureline phones are available
                having said that, we use our "bt elements" with a pabx and always have to dial "9" to get an outside line

if you want to use a "featureLine phone" then Dabs has one that will work

at the bottom of the table on this page, they state that "any BABT approved phone will work with FeatureLine"

so on that basis, choose the phone that suits you, not a "special phone" that suits FeatureLine

kev

Comment

Working...
                X