.CSV macro / manipulation - best way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.CSV macro / manipulation - best way?

I'm sure most of us are pretty familiar with how a standard order csv looks from most pieces of software (except actinic). You usually have a ref in column 1 to identify seperate parts of one order. Then you will have an order line per row, with the address details etc. appearing on each one. Most software can then interpret this as a single order due to the common reference field. You will usally have the shipping class and cost on the same lines, again identical on each line for the same order.

My problem is that we have moved to a new back office accounts package (Iris) and it's happy to take imports in this style but if I want to include shipping, this needs to be put on a seperate line, as a seperate product on each order. Also, if there is a payment attached, this also needs to be on a seperate line. So, an order with 3 lines in will need to go from 3 lines to 5.

What is the best way to approach this? I can't see how it can be done with macros. Visual Basic or something? Anyone got any pointers?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Hi Steve,

This sounds like something that can be done quite easily in VBA with an excel macro.

Can you give me an example of what you have and what you'd like to see.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the offer of help Mike. I've been reading up on VBA and macros and think I may be able to cobble something together to do this. Just a matter of being systematic about it.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
      X