Windows Update Killed Internet Access with ZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Update Killed Internet Access with ZA

The windows update last night breaks Zone Alarm (at least it does on XP)

If anyone finds that they can't get access this morning then the quick solution is to set the Zone Alarm Firewall to 'Low' security. i.e. turn it off.

I believe they're working on a fix. It may even be available by now. I'll check in a minute.

Luckily I have another PC here and could still use that for internet access to find out what the problem is.

Mike

Edit:
    OK. The problem only seems to happen when the firewall is set to 'high' security. Setting it to 'Medium' means it will work OK and still protect your PC.

There is a ZA quick fix available but it sounds like it can cause problems with Firefox. I think I'll wait for things to settle down a bit.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

I had problems yesterday trying to connect online. I spent ages trying to find the problem and then eventually found that by setting ZA to medium I was able to get access.

Most frustratingly I have windows updates set to NOT install automatically yet (as has happened before) they have still been installed without my acknowledgement.

Comment

I am sitting here with the little yellow shields in the task bar of several PCs, i think i'll leave it a few days before i give permission to load.

I don't use ZA, i prefer to let windows firewall do its stuff.

Comment

I had this problem as well, ZoneAlarm have now released a patch (Which is their latest version). I installed and it works fine for me now.

Check out: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html

I can use Firefox 3 fine with this latest version of ZA

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X